Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: did BF make you loose to much weight...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

DId it make you loose weight? I use to be 115 pre pregnancy weight and i only BF for 3 months and im down to 108 WHAT THE HECK?! i dont like it :( i dont wanna loose to much now im loosing my body and my butt lol what can i do to keep my weight up and bf at the same time?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

It helped me lose weight but I'm not sure how fast because I rarely weigh myself. This happened to my friend too she lost a LOT of weight and very fast!

Natashaxo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Omg really? i enjoy BF dont get me wrong but dang i loose to much weight.. idk how to maintain it !

emkirkley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM
1 mom liked this

eat more, it only takes 200 calories to be pregnant it takes 400-700 calories to nurse.  more protein and more fat in your diet will help tremendously

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup but I'm not complaining! I always end up smaller than my pre pregnancy weight because of bfing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could lose weight while pregnant! I've always kept my baby weight on until I wean.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep! DS is nearly 4 months old and I'm a couple of pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight. With my DD, I finally stopped losing weight when I was a size 0 and 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. I couldn't eat enough to change my weight while bfing, but I did get back to my pre-pregnancy weight after I weaned her.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I'm not sure if breastfeeding had anything to do with it but within 8 weeks of delivery I weighed 5 lbs less then I did pre-pregnancy.  You just have to try to eat more calories a day and your weight will stabilize.

Natashaxo
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Yep I guess so :) thanks! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)