• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Normal??

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 13 Replies
Is it normal for a breastfeed baby to be extra fussy when going from breast milk to formula??
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JadeTigr7
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Yes.  Breastmilk tastess better.  Formula can constipate, while breastmilk is a natural laxative.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Yes.  Breastmilk tastess better.  Formula can constipate, while breastmilk is a natural laxative.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Yes. Breastmilk is all natural and formula is artificial and not made for humans.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Formula us heavy, hard to digest, and tastes gross. Breastmilk is the opposite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaslilbear10
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM
So do you think he may need gas drops?
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM
It can be normal. Is baby pooping ok or gassy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaslilbear10
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Quoting expectantmom81:

It can be normal. Is baby pooping ok or gassy?

Been super fussy, sometimes when you go to move him, he'll start crying loudly... not like a normal cry, sounds like he's in pain... he's had 2 slimy runny yellowish diapers today,I think thats all, he may of had a couple more, but mostly lots of pee diapers... some of those were super full... he could be gassy, sometimes it takes awhile for him to burp, and sometimes we get really no burps...I still have like over 30 oz of breastmilk in the freezer, and I still haven't stopped breastfeeding completely... I start working at a new job friday @ 8am... I have the playtex dropins bottles(only have 2) and slow flow nipples, problem is he hates them... Definitely a booby baby... any othdr bottle I should try that he may like better...???
slgilliam
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Maybe switch to a different kind/brand of formula? I had to do the same when I returned to work as well. I tried a couple different kinds and brands of formula. My daughter never got fussy - she just would spit up a lot more than usual.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Quoting Mamaslilbear10:

Pump at work and then give him your milk in a bottle. No need to give him formula. Your job is legally required to allow you time and a private place to pump.
angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)