Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

have 15 month old n pregnant with our third

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi. My names erin. I have 2 boys. One is 8 n the other is 15 month. I'm pregnant with our third child I'm afraid that the 15 month old may become jealous of the new baby. He's in that stage where he doesn't want anybody but mommy or daddy N if we walk outta the rm he screams bloody murder
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Congrats! Jealousy is normal, especially at younger ages. When are you do?

lilmama3189
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
My kids were born in 2006, 2008, 2010, & 2012. My 3rd was exactly 18 months to the day when my fourth was born. None of my kids were jealous like we thought they would be. We made the adjustments ahead of time. For example, we set up the crib when I was 5 months pregnant so they could get used to the idea. We set the base of the car seat in the car around the same time. Whenever we bought something for the baby we always made sure we go something for the other kids so they didn't feel left out, even if it was a small toy or a book. That screaming should just be a phase & he should out grow it. Have him help pick out some clothes or toys for the baby & when the baby comes have him help with feeding if your bottle feeding & get diapers & wipes ect. Good Luck & Congrats on the baby!
tmedwick
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:23 AM
My kids are 11 months apart and they both show signs of jealousy. My son is 2 and my daughter is 1. It's completely normal. You will learn how to show them both affection so one never feels left out. Try not to worry and just let your 15 month old know that they have a sibling on the way and get them excited for it. When the baby comes let the 15 month old observe and even ask him or her for help like "can you hand me that diaper, or diaper rash cream, or any other things you can think of to involve your 15 month old. That should help a little bit but like I said before jealousy is completely normal. Good luck mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:18 AM
It may be silly, but buy him a doll. Tell him its "his baby" and that "mommy and daddy will get a baby soon". It's difficult when they are toddlers and used to being the baby, but he will get used to it. Mine are 13 mo apart. Ds wasn't jealous when dd was born, but now that he's 18 mo he is starting to be. Especially when he's so k. Mayne your older ds can be a distraction?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)