Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What are the signs of babies with food alergies?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
My DS is on table foods. I talked to his pedi about giving him salmon. Pedi said as long as there are no family history of allergies to sea food i could give him some. I did. Ever since he has a rash on his chest/belly. But it goes away and comes back. Could be heat rash i dunno. He has never had this until he tried salmon. Doesn't seem to bother him any. None of my kids have allergies so i dunno the signs
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

When my son had an allergic reaction to oranges (more of a sensitivity for a while) he had red spots covering his entire torso and head. So I'm not sure.

lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
if the rash is from an allergy it would go away once everything was out of his system but it wouldn't come back.
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:32 PM
And this keeps coming back. So could it be heat rash? He is a heater like daddy and this AL/GA heat is crazy

Quoting lauratupper:

if the rash is from an allergy it would go away once everything was out of his system but it wouldn't come back.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM

None of my kid's have food allergies and I'm truly not sure, bump

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Is there anything else he is eating that could be the culprit?

lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

It could be, heat rash looks like tiny little red bumps and is usually where the body is covered, so chest, back and belly.

Quoting sahmw2010:

And this keeps coming back. So could it be heat rash? He is a heater like daddy and this AL/GA heat is crazy

Quoting lauratupper:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Which is where these are at. I let him run around at home in a diaper. But when we head out hes clothed in those onsie outfits. And then after supper is when it comes off.

Quoting lauratupper:

It could be, heat rash looks like tiny little red bumps and is usually where the body is covered, so chest, back and belly.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting lauratupper:

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Unless he has all of a sudden developed an alergy to something he has had plenty of times before, i dont think so. I honestly have no clue. He is the first baby that i have seen this with, so no clue if its food, heat rash or what. I have used the same laundry detergent since day one. So dont think that is it

Quoting Bonneata:

Is there anything else he is eating that could be the culprit?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN