Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the signs of babies with food alergies?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 8 Replies
My DS is on table foods. I talked to his pedi about giving him salmon. Pedi said as long as there are no family history of allergies to sea food i could give him some. I did. Ever since he has a rash on his chest/belly. But it goes away and comes back. Could be heat rash i dunno. He has never had this until he tried salmon. Doesn't seem to bother him any. None of my kids have allergies so i dunno the signs
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

When my son had an allergic reaction to oranges (more of a sensitivity for a while) he had red spots covering his entire torso and head. So I'm not sure.

lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
if the rash is from an allergy it would go away once everything was out of his system but it wouldn't come back.
sahmw2010
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:32 PM
And this keeps coming back. So could it be heat rash? He is a heater like daddy and this AL/GA heat is crazy

Quoting lauratupper:

if the rash is from an allergy it would go away once everything was out of his system but it wouldn't come back.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM

None of my kid's have food allergies and I'm truly not sure, bump

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Is there anything else he is eating that could be the culprit?

lauratupper
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

It could be, heat rash looks like tiny little red bumps and is usually where the body is covered, so chest, back and belly.

Quoting sahmw2010:

And this keeps coming back. So could it be heat rash? He is a heater like daddy and this AL/GA heat is crazy

Quoting lauratupper:

sahmw2010
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Which is where these are at. I let him run around at home in a diaper. But when we head out hes clothed in those onsie outfits. And then after supper is when it comes off.

Quoting lauratupper:

It could be, heat rash looks like tiny little red bumps and is usually where the body is covered, so chest, back and belly.

Quoting sahmw2010:

Quoting lauratupper:

sahmw2010
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Unless he has all of a sudden developed an alergy to something he has had plenty of times before, i dont think so. I honestly have no clue. He is the first baby that i have seen this with, so no clue if its food, heat rash or what. I have used the same laundry detergent since day one. So dont think that is it

Quoting Bonneata:

Is there anything else he is eating that could be the culprit?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)