Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice on Immunizations!!

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hi,

My baby is 3 1/2 months old and has had his first set of shots and he is due for his 2nd in a few wks. Im not really for immunizations, just cause i have been reading that they can b pretty dangerous and can lead to autisum and that other countries don't have as many as we do in the US. That there bad stuff in them. Can i get some info on what all these immunizations are for, are they really needed, and if i don't want my kid to have them is it too late to say something to my doctor? Cause im reading that most doctor's give parents a hard time when they don't want to vac their children. I might have to change mine, idk. I'm also a military spouse, how hard is it to get a doctor who will abide by your wishes without a headache? Also would like some advice on how to talk to my husband about this. Cause we have really never discussed it, and i don't know his views on it. He prob thinks its necessary cause why would doctors b wrong. How should i go about explaining to him why i don't want our son vaccinated? Help, i want to do right by my son and idk if vaccinations are it. I don't want him gettin indangered.

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:08 AM
We just delay them. My kids never get more than 1 at a time. Our doctor fully supports our decision. She was very informative so maybe you can talk to your doctor.

There is much debate about autism and vaccines. It's been debunked but still people aren't convinced.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Autisim is more likely caused from processed food (environment) than vaxing.
jessica656
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Thst a good idea. how do u spread them out? so its not caused by what they put in some vaccines??

Quoting jridgill:

We just delay them. My kids never get more than 1 at a time. Our doctor fully supports our decision. She was very informative so maybe you can talk to your doctor.

There is much debate about autism and vaccines. It's been debunked but still people aren't convinced.

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I was freaking out before my daughters first set of shots. My husband said we need to get them done. I spent about 20 min talking to the dr before she had the shots. She answered any concerns I had. We ended up getting them. You should try talking to your dr.
awesomemommy2
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
We delay ours. No more than 2. There are visits where there are one or no shots so they just fill in there. Plus there are a few that you don't really need unless your child is immune deficient or in daycare.
wolfybaby
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM

go visit the "choosing not to vaccinate" group for all the info you could need. they will even give you suggestions for a delayed/selective vaccine schedule. because, chickenpox vaccine, really?

jessica656
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ok thank you :)

Quoting wolfybaby:

go visit the "choosing not to vaccinate" group for all the info you could need. they will even give you suggestions for a delayed/selective vaccine schedule. because, chickenpox vaccine, really?

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Mil doctors have to see you whether you choose to vaccinate or not. You absolutely have the right to not vaccinate if you don't want to.

We delay vaccines until the immune system is more mature so that less shots are required to obtain immunity and we selectively vaccinate because some vaccines are pointless to me.

I did a lot of research into how the immune system works, and then did the rest on the CDC website. It has a lit of all the vaccines, the diseases they protect against and a list of ingredients in the vaccines. Then I also looked at how vaccines are actually tested for safety.

I don't think vaccines are the main cause for autism but there are some pretty questionable ingredients in vaccines. It's all about weighing risks and benefits.
jessica656
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM

thank you on the info about military docs. what ones do you allow and what are the ones you find pointless?

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Mil doctors have to see you whether you choose to vaccinate or not. You absolutely have the right to not vaccinate if you don't want to.

We delay vaccines until the immune system is more mature so that less shots are required to obtain immunity and we selectively vaccinate because some vaccines are pointless to me.

I did a lot of research into how the immune system works, and then did the rest on the CDC website. It has a lit of all the vaccines, the diseases they protect against and a list of ingredients in the vaccines. Then I also looked at how vaccines are actually tested for safety.

I don't think vaccines are the main cause for autism but there are some pretty questionable ingredients in vaccines. It's all about weighing risks and benefits.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM
We do DTaP, Hib, IPV, PCV, and MMR from 2-6 years. DTaP is done by itself, and so is MMR. The other three can be done with two of them at a time. We do Hep A and B at 10. That's it. No flu shots, no varicella and no guardasil.

The mil drs can try and argue, but they have to treat you. My husband is army and I've had to deal with ignorance but I've never been turned away.

We are on standard now though and are seeing a non-vax friendly doc.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)