Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of 3-6 month olds come in here! Re: Sleep

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

Makenzi sleeps from 1030-11pm to 7 am very consistently, which I'm thankful for!

Then she does these darn 20 minute cat naps that drive me nuts but is so exhausted by about 2 pm that she passes out for 4 hours till 6pm or so... then up till about 8-830... then cat naps till 9.. then down for bed at 1030-11 again...

Its not a huge pain but I wish she would do two hours in late morning, another in afternoon, and evening instead of fighting her sleep so hard from 7am till 2pm because she's miserable and only sleeps out of pure desperation for that long period in the afternoon.

And if you have an older baby, when did they adopt a somehwat regular schedule?

BTW she's on formula and I stopped bf at 12 weeks... she immediately started sleeping through the night after the switch... if that makes a difference.

How much does YOUR baby sleep???
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

DS is nearly 4 months old and has been sleeping from about 8:30- 5:00 for about the past month. He'll got back to sleep after nursing until about 7:30 a.m., but cat naps throughout the day for about 20 minutes at a time. He'll nap a bit better if I'm holding/rocking/nursing him or if he's in the sling. I'd love for him to take longer naps, but it just doesn't seem to be fitting his schedule right now.

Radellia
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
My 5 1/2 month old is unpredictable so no help here! He sleeps anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 1/2 hours... This includes night time and there's no rhyme or reason from night to night!
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

isaac is 4 months and for a couple months now he's got himself on a schedule: nurse and nap for about 20 minutes at 8-9ish. Nurse and nap for 10-20 minutes around 11. Nurse and nap for 10-20 minutes around 2. Nurse and nap for about 20 minutes btween 4 and 4:30. Goes to sleep for the night at 6:30-7. Wakes up around 7 (although the past 2 days it's been at 5:30am. :-P 

Nolanzo
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM
I really wish I could wear her :( I have scoliosis and slings/wraps/mobi's all kill my back and I'm in agony... I know she would sleep better in my arms... I've taken to putting her in her electronic cradle for daytime naps (she reallllly enjoys constant motion and again, i cant do it for extensive periods with my back) because I swear her eyes pop right open whenever I go to lay her down... she looks at me like "Yeah... I don't think so." Lol

Quoting mrsniebo:

DS is nearly 4 months old and has been sleeping from about 8:30- 5:00 for about the past month. He'll got back to sleep after nursing until about 7:30 a.m., but cat naps throughout the day for about 20 minutes at a time. He'll nap a bit better if I'm holding/rocking/nursing him or if he's in the sling. I'd love for him to take longer naps, but it just doesn't seem to be fitting his schedule right now.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby is six months and has two to three naps a day. I nurse her to sleep and she's out for 1-3 hours.
slgilliam
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is almost 6 months old. She is a cat napper during the day. She takes about 5-6 cat naps a day. She will nap anywhere from 20-60 minutes during the day. She goes to bed for the night around 9-10 and wakes up around 8 am. I have to return to work from having the summer off on Monday so I am anxious to see how her napping schedule will change at daycare if it does.

Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

6.5 months and sleeps from 7-8pm till 7-8am down at 12-1 till 1-2, naps again at 3-4 till 4-5. she fights it, i feed her lay her down in bed with me or rock her till shes asleep, i dont let her play or sit up till after nap time or if she fights for an hour or more. she gets the hint usually after 30 minutes and starts to go to sleep. been working for about a month when she started fighting sleep bad, before then it was easy!

Newfie_Mom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Genevieve was born April 8th she sleeps from 10-11pm to 8-9 am almost every night if she does wake up its forabout  two seconds and falls right back to sleep on her own. She takes two longer naps and several mini naps. 

if its not too super hot where you are have you considered morning walks? We take a morning walk right before I want her to nap and the fresh air puts her right to sleep. And its not usually as hot in the morning

Nolanzo
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Yes!
we do go out at least twice a day and daddy walks her to 7-11 every evening for his soda when he gets home from work... she used to love her stroller but lately gets bored after about ten minutes and starts screaming :\

Thank you for the suggestion :)

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

Genevieve was born April 8th she sleeps from 10-11pm to 8-9 am almost every night if she does wake up its forabout  two seconds and falls right back to sleep on her own. She takes two longer naps and several mini naps. 

if its not too super hot where you are have you considered morning walks? We take a morning walk right before I want her to nap and the fresh air puts her right to sleep. And its not usually as hot in the morning

Newfie_Mom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm darn! I thought that was a pretty good one. :)

Here's another bump maybe someone else will have another solution.

My other thought was baby wear but I read your other replies

Quoting Nolanzo:

Yes!

we do go out at least twice a day and daddy walks her to 7-11 every evening for his soda when he gets home from work... she used to love her stroller but lately gets bored after about ten minutes and starts screaming :\

Thank you for the suggestion :)

Quoting Newfie_Mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)