Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What's your favorite baby items?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 24 Replies

I really wanted a bassinet again b/c my boys didn't like the crib right away, it was too spacious. So I got a bassinet. A swing, is a must have as they loved sleeping in it. I also really want a travel system, so the car seat can hook onto the stroller. I never had one before. I got a bath tub that has a shower like tool, which I also can't wait to try. I've always wanted that sea soothers thing that goes onto cribs, but not sure if I'll get that. One thing I noticed with my boys is that hands down no other diaper cream worked like balmex. I tried vaseline and desitin, but they couldn't come close to balmex quality. If they had a rash, it was the only cream that would make a great improvement in only one day. I notice balmex seems to be phasing out though b/c i can't even find it in stores like target. I can't believe that, maybe it's b/c desitin advertises more. If I see balmex in a tube again, I'm stocking up on that awesome stuff. What are things that you like?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM
My kids didn't like anything but the boob. Seriously. Hated the car seat, stroller, swing, crib, etc. I could've saved a lot of money!
Lynette
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM
My Moby wrap and my boppy pillow.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
A Boppy pillow is great for feeding time. I think that may be the one thing that both of my babies liked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Honestly?  My moby wrap and my boobs.  My children never really liked anything else. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

shortcake82418
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

my one son hated cribs, he went from bassinet to bed. they loved thier car seats and swings. and strollers...how do you mall shop without them?

Quoting jridgill:

My kids didn't like anything but the boob. Seriously. Hated the car seat, stroller, swing, crib, etc. I could've saved a lot of money!

CafeMom Tickers
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
We didn't go places much with them. Lol

I would ride in the back seat while my husband drove to try and calm them but they still cried the entire time. It was way too stressful. I did get a ergo with my last because she was the same way as my son. She liked it for about 15-20 min at a time but still hated the car.

Quoting shortcake82418:

my one son hated cribs, he went from bassinet to bed. they loved thier car seats and swings. and strollers...how do you mall shop without them?

Quoting jridgill:

shortcake82418
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

actually yeah my second son liked his car seat as long as it was in the house and not in the car lol. he was scared of car rides for a while. he got traumatized b/c when he was 2 weeks we moved across country and it was a long car ride that he hated lol. it took him a while to get over that trip, poor baby. i loved my stroller b/c esp being in ny, when i go to the mall, i could put all our coats and bags in the stroller. carrying 3 coats , bags, diaper bag and baby...no wouldn't have happened very often lol.

Quoting jridgill:

We didn't go places much with them. Lol

I would ride in the back seat while my husband drove to try and calm them but they still cried the entire time. It was way too stressful. I did get a ergo with my last because she was the same way as my son. She liked it for about 15-20 min at a time but still hated the car.

Quoting shortcake82418:

Quoting jridgill:

CafeMom Tickers
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I have a super easy baby that didn't require much so I wasted my money on all the baby gear. The only thing I truly needed was my boobs & a carseat. If I did it all over again the only thing I would buy is diapers, clothes & a carseat. That's it. Not even a crib or basinette because she does much better in bed with me nursing.

jessicaaris
by Jessica on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM
The vibrating bouncy seat was my best friend!!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My oldest the swing was a lifesaver.

My second those swaddled blankets with velcro. He was swaddled until 18 months, he loved it!

Third boob. He was my only successfully breastfed baby and it worked for everything. If he was hurt, tired, scared; it calmed him in seconds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)