Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Is she acting like a normal baby or is there something else going on?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:19 AM
  • 33 Replies
It is now 3:16 am. My daughter has not slept since 9 am yesterday morning. She's refusing naps and sleep altogether. That's not exactly what I'm asking about but that's part of it. She's 13 months old and completely insane. She can never stay in one spot, even as an infant. If you lay down with her she would scream bloody murder and now she is always all over the place which I realize to an extent is normal behavior but I feel like her brain just never really shuts off and doesn't allow her to calm down and sleep. She's screaming and crying and throwing things constantly. She absolutely despises me and screams and screams and screams until my husband gets home and then she's happy. In my heart, I really feel like something is not quite right with her.. Anybody else experience this?
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Perhaps she has "behavioral" problems.....the not sleeping and being all over the place sound like perhaps adhd.....sounds a lot like my middle baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberlyp
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'd hate to put a 13 month old on medication.. Do they even treat it that early? Or can it be diagnosed? I just feel like I'm going to lose it. I have a 4 week old baby that gets zero attention because my daughter is all over the place

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Perhaps she has "behavioral" problems.....the not sleeping and being all over the place sound like perhaps adhd.....sounds a lot like my middle baby.
MrS.GiFFord
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Make a Dr appointment and 13 months is.way too early for adhd diagnosis. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof3smoochies
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Is she up to date with all her motor skills and talking? I'm asking because my friends little boy is severely autistic and he has a hard time sleeping. Or maybe she can also have anxiety issues. But it's just best to talk to her pedi.
amberlyp
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Yep she's great as far as milestones go. Not early or delayed, just right on time. I'm definitely going to talk to the dr soon

Quoting Momof3smoochies:

Is she up to date with all her motor skills and talking? I'm asking because my friends little boy is severely autistic and he has a hard time sleeping. Or maybe she can also have anxiety issues. But it's just best to talk to her pedi.
princessputter
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM

you need to be putting her in her crib for a nap...even if shes not sleepy.. routine.. is important.. shes is " insane".. because you lack any sort of structure with her.... You are her mother.. you are in control...

No they will not treat.. adhd  in a 13 month old...

rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I'm not sure if a doctor will diagnose it that early, and no you don't have to put her on medication, perhaps an adhd "diet" may help. Maybe taking your dd and the baby out for a nightly walk, or in your dd case a nightly "run" may help to wear her out.

Quoting amberlyp:

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'd hate to put a 13 month old on medication.. Do they even treat it that early? Or can it be diagnosed? I just feel like I'm going to lose it. I have a 4 week old baby that gets zero attention because my daughter is all over the place

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SteffM0501
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

She was asking for opinions or advice, not for someone to bash her parenting skills. Nice attitude.

Quoting princessputter:

you need to be putting her in her crib for a nap...even if shes not sleepy.. routine.. is important.. shes is " insane".. because you lack any sort of structure with her.... You are her mother.. you are in control...

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM

That IS advice.  There is no bashing there, IMO.  

Quoting SteffM0501:

She was asking for opinions or advice, not for someone to bash her parenting skills. Nice attitude.

Quoting princessputter:

CafeMom Tickers

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Some babies just don't have the skills necessary to calm them self for sleep. I used to have to nurse, rock, sing and pat simultaneously to get my first to sleep. Then, when he was two, I'd lay with him for 2 hours every night, just keeping him still so he could sleep.

Have you tried wearing her down? Rocking? Car ride? Has she asked to nurse again at all since the newbie?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)