Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Did you have an OB or a Midwife?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 40 Replies

Did you like the overall service that you got from them?

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsbrand
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Midwives both times. The first time it was a team of midwives under an ob clinic. This time it was an independent midwife for a homebirth. While I loved them both the homebirth midwife was a million times better for my personal situation.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I had an OB all 3 times. I couldn't find a midwife down here with my 3rd pregnancy and there are no regulations for midwives down here either.

mrsbrand
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I had a midwife that was certified by North American midwives association, but not the state. The state I'm in only licenses certified nurse midwives, and mine was a certified professional midwife.
rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:30 PM
OB for my first, CNM for my second and CPM for my third and fourth. Ill never go back!
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
OB and i always got stuck with the PA and she was sick a b$&@!... Each appt is just feel her dirty looks and she'd always look me up and down and make me feel totally unwelcome, I looked up reviews and everyone said the same. Good thing she didnt deliver, the OB's there were nice- there was a man and a super nice woman ob, And the receptionists were rude. so next baby I'm def finding a new dr.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I had a PA once ... she almost killed me. I'm allergic to penicillin and went to see her and she gave me an Rx for it. My hubby freaked out he asked her "Didn't my wife tell you she's allergic to penicillin? I know it's in her chart. So why perscribe her that?" she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. My hubby was so mad that he demanded to see the dr that was in charge of the clinic. Shortly thereafter she was transfered to the mainland.

Quoting harajukumoma:

OB and i always got stuck with the PA and she was sick a b$&@!... Each appt is just feel her dirty looks and she'd always look me up and down and make me feel totally unwelcome, I looked up reviews and everyone said the same. Good thing she didnt deliver, the OB's there were nice- there was a man and a super nice woman ob, And the receptionists were rude. so next baby I'm def finding a new dr.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Oh geez, that's seriously effed up. I officially hate PA's! Lol

Quoting mommyhonu:

I had a PA once ... she almost killed me. I'm allergic to penicillin and went to see her and she gave me an Rx for it. My hubby freaked out he asked her "Didn't my wife tell you she's allergic to penicillin? I know it's in her chart. So why perscribe her that?" she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. My hubby was so mad that he demanded to see the dr that was in charge of the clinic. Shortly thereafter she was transfered to the mainland.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Mommabearbergh
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:47 PM
For my care I had a midwife who was awesome. When I delivered I had a ob who I loved. After I gave birth and finally got to clean myself up he gave me a hug and he was just super nice.
HappyMama.x3
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM
OB I like her a lot
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I know! I won't see one anymore cuz of the last one I had to deal with. I'm sure that there are some good quality PAs out there. I just haven't come across one. I'll just wait see the Dr.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Oh geez, that's seriously effed up. I officially hate PA's! Lol

Quoting mommyhonu:

Quoting harajukumoma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)