Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep help.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
  • 14 Replies
Hi ladies. I just joined the grouo and would like your advice or suggestions on how to get my 6 month old dd to sleep. It doesn't have to be through the night, but just sleep. She takes three 10 minute naps during the day and wakes up about 5 times at night. Its almost 6 here and I've been awake with her for the past 2 hours. I needsleep. My other girls are starting to get bummed because I never have the energy to do anythinf with them because I'm just so tired. Help!

I should add that I tried letting her cry it out, but she cried for more than an hour and never fell asleep. :/
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Is she ff or bf ? does she eat solids yet? 

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

treaH
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:02 AM
She is BF but we're slowly starting some solids. I tried giving her formula to see if it would help but its the same thing. :/

Quoting bubblemama2164:

Is she ff or bf ? does she eat solids yet? 

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:08 AM

She sounds like my first but he was ff, he didnt start sleeping well til he was 3 because he kept learning something new and wanted to pratice. Have you tried putting her down earlier i know it sounds odd but it worked for my almost 4 month old he now sleep thru the night he use to be so tired that he wouldnt sleep well. or you could try cluster feeding near bedtime because that is a reason lo love to get up in the middle of the night 

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

treaH
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Cluster feeding? I'm gonna start a new bedtime routine and hope it helps. It's difficult since she never does things around the same time every day. So I'm constantly guessing. Ugh.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

She sounds like my first but he was ff, he didnt start sleeping well til he was 3 because he kept learning something new and wanted to pratice. Have you tried putting her down earlier i know it sounds odd but it worked for my almost 4 month old he now sleep thru the night he use to be so tired that he wouldnt sleep well. or you could try cluster feeding near bedtime because that is a reason lo love to get up in the middle of the night 

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM

cluster feeding is doing a few feedings in a short amount of time, my lo decided he liked his bedtime between 8-9 any later and he is a miserable mess. i use to try to keep him up so he would sleep and that didnt work when i listened to him he slept like a charm. so i go with what he wanted lol sometimes you have to look for her rubbing her eyes and feed her then and try to lay her down partly awake so she can learn to sooth her self in the middle of the night. 

Quoting treaH:

Cluster feeding? I'm gonna start a new bedtime routine and hope it helps. It's difficult since she never does things around the same time every day. So I'm constantly guessing. Ugh.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

treaH
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Oh I see. Well I'm trying the whole putting her to sleep drowsy so she can fall asleep on her own, but its a total chaos. She screams and cries until I get her. :/

Quoting bubblemama2164:

cluster feeding is doing a few feedings in a short amount of time, my lo decided he liked his bedtime between 8-9 any later and he is a miserable mess. i use to try to keep him up so he would sleep and that didnt work when i listened to him he slept like a charm. so i go with what he wanted lol sometimes you have to look for her rubbing her eyes and feed her then and try to lay her down partly awake so she can learn to sooth her self in the middle of the night. 

Quoting treaH:

Quoting bubblemama2164:

bubblemama2164
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:47 AM

she has your wrapped around her little finger lol that was my first son with this one i knew i wanted sleep so i tried from when he was 3 weeks old putting him down drowsy, and it worked. it sounds like it maybe more of a habit for her now it will take sometime. 

Quoting treaH:

Oh I see. Well I'm trying the whole putting her to sleep drowsy so she can fall asleep on her own, but its a total chaos. She screams and cries until I get her. :/

Quoting bubblemama2164:

Quoting treaH:

Quoting bubblemama2164:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Have you tried laying down and nursing her to sleep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM
There is a growth spurt at 6 months.

Have you tried cosleeping, even just part of the night? You could also sidecar her crib to your bed so you all have your own space.
treaH
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:29 AM
She totally does! Little butt! How long is letting her cry alright? I always wonder. And I shall try putting her down drowsy. I refuse to not sleep anymore.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

she has your wrapped around her little finger lol that was my first son with this one i knew i wanted sleep so i tried from when he was 3 weeks old putting him down drowsy, and it worked. it sounds like it maybe more of a habit for her now it will take sometime. 

Quoting treaH:

Quoting bubblemama2164:

Quoting treaH:

Quoting bubblemama2164:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)