Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me with sizes!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ok gang I need some help. My daughter will be 2 in October but she is really skinny. She is 19 lbs right now and tall. She is still wearing 9-12 month shorts right now. I bought her 18 month beginning of summer and had to exchange them all for smaller sizes. For fall/winter I have no idea what size to buy. She's so tall and skinny. Would 2t be longer and skinnier than 18-24 months? I feel like she will be in only leggings all winter lol. Tops she can wear 18 months now depending on if it is sleeveless. Sleeveless I buy smaller.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mlb456
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Heres a bump for ya.. both my kids were/are short and chuncky lol always had to buy big and roll ds pants up (he wasnt over weight just a lil chuncky and very short lol)
AshlynnJadesMom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Its so hard because if I get them long enough they fall right down
goobersmom713
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

i would buy 2t but buy the ones with the adjustable waist so you can tighten the wait so the stay up. i have the same problem with my 4 year old. his just a little over 32 pounds and he can still fit into 2t. i buy 3t to 4t but with the adjustable waist. i have fallen in love with the adjustable waist pants for my kids

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM
This exactly! They cost more but they go so much further and are worth it IMO. Levi's is the brand I know who does it most, but I think there are some other brands too.

Quoting goobersmom713:

i would buy 2t but buy the ones with the adjustable waist so you can tighten the wait so the stay up. i have the same problem with my 4 year old. his just a little over 32 pounds and he can still fit into 2t. i buy 3t to 4t but with the adjustable waist. i have fallen in love with the adjustable waist pants for my kids

ProudMommy51006
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM
My dd has always been tall and skinny, I have always bought jeans with adjustable waist for her. Also, children's place legging seem to run slimmer, they are our favorite! My dd is 7 now.
AshlynnJadesMom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:19 PM
They sell adjustable waist in 2t?
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Yep they do.  I always buy pants with the adjustable waist, it makes it so much easier to get the right size.

Quoting AshlynnJadesMom:

They sell adjustable waist in 2t?

emkirkley
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM
yes, in 2t in many brands there are adjustable waists, but not in 24 months... my girls are tall and skinny too, 25lbs and 36 in, 33lbs and 42 in.... the older off almost 4, wears a2 out 3t in shorts, needs a 4 or 5 for paint length though, she only wears leggings or seats as she refuses denim and twill... the younger wears 9 and 12 month shorts and 3t pants and shirts
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)