Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible for an 11 month old..

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 21 Replies
To sit and watch tv? I mean i don't want her watching tv anyways but I've noticed when my older dd is watching, she won't sit with her to watch. I even tried like yo gabba gabba, and shell watch for like a second. I'm thinking she may be hyperactive. She won't cuddle either never has. My older dd at this age was able to sit and watch a short episode of baby Einstein or something. Is this common?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elliotmommytobe
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM
My son will sit down and watch an entire movie
harajukumoma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Omg! Delia could never do that! I'm thinking something's going on , cuz it's not just the tv thing it's everything. She can't be restrained in anything- car seat, ergo carrier, she is constantly moving, I mean constant she cannot just sit. And she hates being cuddled:( I can't even rock her to sleep...;(

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

elliotmommytobe
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Idk there might be something else going on but I wouldnt dwell on it

Quoting harajukumoma:

Omg! Delia could never do that! I'm thinking something's going on , cuz it's not just the tv thing it's everything. She can't be restrained in anything- car seat, ergo carrier, she is constantly moving, I mean constant she cannot just sit. And she hates being cuddled:( I can't even rock her to sleep...;(

Quoting elliotmommytobe:

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
She just sounds like a busy girl. You can't compare kids they are all different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
That's normal for some babies. There is nothing wrong with her, she's just an explorer:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My dd was like that until just this last month. She is 25 months and she had better things to do than just sit down. There is nothing wrong with my dd.

Your dd sounds very normal. Remember they have an attention span of 1 minute per year of age. Since she's not even 1 yet, it's less than that.
twogirl91
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son had no interest in TV when he was little, he never cuddled not even as a newborn. He goes and goes and goes, by 18months we didn't even put him in the stroller anymore because he could walk for a solid 3 hours before wanting to be picked up. He's 2.5 now and will sit and watch a movie with me if he's tired but he mostly runs around if the TV is on. 

My second son was a cuddle bug, he would sit an watch TV he was very laid back and chill until he hit 10months old and he started walking and talking. He will still cuddle with me but he won't sit and watch TV, which I'm totally fine with I would rather them be playing. He's 14months now and goes none stop, he hates his stroller as well and so I put him in the Ergo all the time because thankfully he likes it. (my other son didn't)

It's just personalities I think, my husband is high energy he goes and goes all day long and can function just fine on 6 hours of sleep. Your daughter is just fine. :)

lauratupper
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Quoting Dragonmamas:

That's normal for some babies. There is nothing wrong with her, she's just an explorer:)

KRIZZ25
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
each child id diffrent.
harajukumoma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Oh interesting I didnt know that-- about the attention span correlating w age, that's cool thanks!

Quoting Junebaby18:

My dd was like that until just this last month. She is 25 months and she had better things to do than just sit down. There is nothing wrong with my dd.

Your dd sounds very normal. Remember they have an attention span of 1 minute per year of age. Since she's not even 1 yet, it's less than that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)