Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

hello I need advice

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 15 Replies
Im babysitting a for month old child ,I just merry her mother , she was at my house with her for month old ,I asked to hold her baby , the baby seemed like she was in pain , gassy , constipated..well she was soaked , she smelled horrible .I thought she had a birth mark on her for head , i look closer and it was sever cradle cap.I told her that her baby was soaked , she said oh her bottle just leaks!I them notice that she has a rash on her back , down past her bottom and inner thighs.On her outer thighs there were what looked to be bed sores almost .I wanted to cry,I asked this woman if I could keep her baby for a while.She lefther worth me .With size six diapers!, and no formula! The baby was on cow milk and water ! I immediately combed the cradle.cap out of her head and for head , have her a long bath .A baby enema to help ease her pain , bought her formula and diapers , her rash is cleared up now , I've had her since Saturday..now...i don't want to give her back,i feel in live with her ..she is so happy and a Great little baby.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to call CPS now! That mother has abandoned her child! Did you happen to take pics of the baby before she was cleaned up?
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Whaaaat?? CPS should've been called on day one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yorkiemaz
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
social services!!!
kLynch315
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Yes exactly!!

Quoting Junebaby18:

You need to call CPS now! That mother has abandoned her child! Did you happen to take pics of the baby before she was cleaned up?

Andrews0109
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:10 PM
She didn't abandon ,I asked her for the child , she just doesn't know me that well..I just font want to give her back .I have for children of my own.I can't afford another child but .I know they will take her a way from her mother.I'm very close to calling Cps ..and maybe i should have called on day one..but day one is when she has been in my care ..she is suppose to come get her Friday..i need to figure out what to do before then..meaning me or foster home ..

shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:17 PM

You need to call CPS and talk to them.  If the mother takes this poor child probably will end up in the same condition she was in the day her mother left you with her.

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM
How long have you had her?

Quoting Andrews0109:

She didn't abandon ,I asked her for the child , she just doesn't know me that well..I just font want to give her back .I have for children of my own.I can't afford another child but .I know they will take her a way from her mother.I'm very close to calling Cps ..and maybe i should have called on day one..but day one is when she has been in my care ..she is suppose to come get her Friday..i need to figure out what to do before then..meaning me or foster home ..

Andrews0109
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM
K lynch , unfortunately i didnt take pictures.My husband asked the same thing..I am regretting it now ..i guess i went into panic mode as soon as the woman left my house ..and gave her a bath .this may sound bad but i couldn't Bare the smell ..the PR thing was screaming in pain from the vows milk ..i knew she couldn't poop ..this precious child hasnt cried a bit.. And us completely comfortable here ..I just don't want to hand her back .out would make me just add much to blame..but my husband i know will not let me keep her ..we have our hands full as it is..and finances arent all that well..i spent close to 70 bucks just for the babies food ,diapers ,medicine ,ointment ,wipes .etc I'm wondering I could get a little assistance from like welfare if i was to keep her.
Andrews0109
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I guess that's what i will do ..I'm more worried about her being taken from me .
lauratupper
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Call cps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)