• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Sleep troubles :(

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DD is 15 months old. We have had some issues with sleeping from the time she was born. I don't want to do CIO but there are nights when I feel like I have no choice. We have a great bedtime routine (bath, lots of books, singing, nursing). The problem is, when I lay her down after she falls asleep nursing, she always wakes. I've gotten her to where I can just sit in the rocker till she goes back to sleep but sometimes it takes her so long! The minute I go to leave the room she starts screaming (and I mean SCREAMING!!) I feel like at this point I should be able to put her in her bed awake and let her go to sleep on her own. My boys were such good sleepers, I never had this trouble with them. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lauratupper
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Have you tried white noise, or maybe a night light?

dreamarrow
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
My sister had the same problem eventually her child grew put of it. I use white noise and a little stuffed animal(its actually one of those security blanket things)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No advice but here's a bump

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would try this.

Quoting lauratupper:

mkhc-531
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I have the exact same problem with my daughter. But she is 2 months... Lol. But still, since I'm a first time mom everybody feels the need to tell me how to parent and I have a lot of pressure to make her sleep on her own. From the advice I've gotten (on here) was to try "pick-up/put-down" and shush-pat ... I looked it up and it said it doesn't prevent crying, but still let's baby know you are there so they don't feel abandoned. I tried it, and she did well. But after about an hr of trying to keep her content she started to get hungry, and it was late, so I just laid her with me. If you find something to work advice would help! :)
ali840
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I always have a fan running for the noise (pointed away from her) and I have a nice night light in there. Thanks for the suggestion, though :)

Quoting lauratupper:

ali840
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM
She has lots of blankets and a stuffy she likes to snuggle with. She gets all comfy and makes her little nest, but I can only sneak out if she's facing the wall and doesn't see me. So frustrating!

Quoting dreamarrow:

My sister had the same problem eventually her child grew put of it. I use white noise and a little stuffed animal(its actually one of those security blanket things)
ali840
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I kind of did the same thing when she was little. I wonder if that's not why she's like this now. She slept with us a lot more than my older two. If we had a night where she had lots of trouble going to sleep, I just took her to bed with me.

Quoting mkhc-531:

I have the exact same problem with my daughter. But she is 2 months... Lol. But still, since I'm a first time mom everybody feels the need to tell me how to parent and I have a lot of pressure to make her sleep on her own. From the advice I've gotten (on here) was to try "pick-up/put-down" and shush-pat ... I looked it up and it said it doesn't prevent crying, but still let's baby know you are there so they don't feel abandoned. I tried it, and she did well. But after about an hr of trying to keep her content she started to get hungry, and it was late, so I just laid her with me. If you find something to work advice would help! :)
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Try use an unlaundered shirt of yours in the crib. She may be looking for you or in this case she may not be able to smell you. Leave it in her bed long enough to just transfer some of your smell. Take your shirt out when you lay her down so she doesn't get tangled in it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)