• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we got our baby back!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
so over the past couple of days my sweet 2 month old son had started acting so unhappy. It started with him slightly coughing, and choking a tiny bit on his formula. Next, he started to spit out his formula and grunt and cry. Finally he was only sleeping in 20 minute increments and seemed as if he was in excruciating pain. yesterday he was due for his 2 month checkup anyway, so my fiance and I stuck it out until we made it in to see the doctor. now my father's son has other children and he said that he had never seen a baby act like this before and me be our first time mom I had no idea what was going on with my boy. He wasn't running a fever just crying and crying and nothing would soothe him. I felt helpless. It was all I could do not to cry with him. So we got him into the doctor and it turns out he has acid reflux and this is why he was in so much pain and grunting and crying. the doctor prescribed an antacid and baby tylenol. He was a champ during his 2 month checkup and shots and fell right asleep afterwards ha ha! When we got our way home we gave him a small dose of Tylenol and the antacid and he has been a dream ever since. I am so happy to have my sweet baby boy. By the way, and not to brag, he rolled himself from his stomach to his back in front of the doctor, which he had been doing at home but now in front of the doctor it was like amazing. The doctor called him an over achiever! Now any first time mom or any mom for that reason., can relate to my joy. My sweet little baby who was born premature 1 month exactly to the day is right up there if not above the other babies our pediatrician sees. I'm so happy I just had to share the great news and let any other new moms know that there is hope! I may be being a little dramatic, but I'm just so happy! I love my son acid free! Now waiting in the calm before the storm, lol!!!!!
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessicaaris
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Awesome! I am glad they figured out what was wrong and got him some medicine to help. A happy baby=a happy mommy.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:40 PM

That's great that baby is feeling so much better!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM

That's great that baby is feeling better

wyntermommy09
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:47 PM

That is great the baby feeling better. My daughter and son both had to be put on Zantac

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I am so glad the doctor was able to figure out what's going on and that he is already starting to do better. My nephew was also a premie (a 35 weeker) and he had reflux as well.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)