Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do your kids go to daycare or stay with someone else? How old were they when they started?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I am a sahm so here is a bump for the working mom's

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
scoffin02
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I stayed at home with my DD for 9months and then she started daycare. She is now 4 years old and still loves it. She has learned so much, started talking earlier than other children, interacts well with other children, adapts well to new environments, and is ready to start preschool.
lauratupper
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM

SO and I work opposite schedules. I go to work at 8am and come home around 1pm (I only work part-time obivously), and SO goes to work at 3pm.

Mandamom1
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM
How did she take the transition when she first started

Quoting scoffin02:

I stayed at home with my DD for 9months and then she started daycare. She is now 4 years old and still loves it. She has learned so much, started talking earlier than other children, interacts well with other children, adapts well to new environments, and is ready to start preschool.
LuvMyBoys09
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:05 PM
My boys stay with my neighbor lady when I have to work.
She pays in the yard with them all day and watches cartoons with them....they love her.
dolphingurl1286
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:09 PM
My moms mother in law was watching them. She started about 2 yrs ago. My oldest is 6 and my youngest is 2 1/2. I stayed home for about a year and a half when my oldest was little. But basically I have always worked. Today was my last day working.
shoot4thestars
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:14 PM

My husband and I work different schedules.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I work from home.
slgilliam
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM

My daughter goes to daycare. She was 9 weeks old when she started. I work for the school district and I also get the perks of having the summers, spring break, Christmas, etc off. She was at the center for about 7 weeks before I took her out for the summer since I was off. She just started back this week but this time I found an in home daycare. She will be six months old next week.

polkaspots
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I worked from when my daughter was three months until a week past her first birthday. She was watched by various babysitters, but mostly my mother and a friend with a daughter a year older than her. Other babysitters were my aunt, cousin, and close friend. Only two of them didn't have children, and they had all spent lots of time with her before they started watching her. My sister babysat too, but only for short periods of time because she was still young at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)