Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A neat way to announce a pregnancy!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

A friend of mine asked for my help in announcing her pregnancy to her parents. I came up with this for her 15 month old son to wear!

How did you announce your pregnancy?
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
With my first I was young so I just blurted it out. At 19 there weren't too many excited about it.

With my second we told as soon as we found out. That ended in miscarriage. :(

With my third we waited and thankfully so because we had another miscarriage.

Again with my 4th :(

With my son we waited until we saw the heartbeat. We took the ultrasound picture and blew it up to a large size. We put it in a frame and took it to my MIL at work. She had no idea and was so excited. We sent my mom flowers to her job. She was 12 hrs away so that's the best we could do. Lol

With my last daughter we told my mom and mil by showing ultrasound pictures. We told our kids by getting them big brother and big sister shirts. My oldest wasn't thrilled. Lol apparently my son was so needy that it scarred her for life. He just cried a lot. We told everyone else after 12 weeks by phone or social media.
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

That is a cute idea!

I put a "I'm a big brother" tshirt on our youngest when my parents came over. It took them a few minutes to realize and look at his shirt. Everyone else I just sent a picture with him in the shirt and posted it on FB. It was pretty funny. We told everyone as soon as we found out with all 3 boys. We said we would wait but DH was telling random people at stores, etc- the same day I took a pregnancy test!

Koam
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM
That's so cute!! Patent that before it goes viral lol
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I love this idea! I was thinking of putting DS3 in a shirt like this, but saying "Youngest child, expiring x, 10xx."

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

With my first two it was word of mouth. I told a couple of people who told a couple of people. With my third I posted this on Facebook on Christmas Eve.

larissalarie
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

^^ That's how I announced this pregnancy. The others I didn't do an announcement, just told people.

I don't like the child expiring thing. I've seen it several times now and it always makes me thinkf of death.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Maybe if the word "status" was added so it said only/youngest child STATUS expiring... it wouldn't read so much like an impending death, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyKBabies
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

IDK. I think that shirt makes it seem like the only child is dying March 2014 lol. 

abra
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
so cute!
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Very cute ! We did a picture frame that had the sonogram picture in it and it said something sweet along the lines of : something so tiny and dear will soon be hear to make our love grow . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)