Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

waving and clapping?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

when did your LO start to wave and/or clap?

my dd is almost 7 months and is learning to wave and clap.

she will wave if you tell her hi and few times and wave your hand, we are working on it.

shes not clapping yet but she brings her hands really close together like shes about to then she chews on them. lol

everyone says its to easy to be doing this, but shes more in to using her hands than babbling and moving. she works on one thing for a while before moving to the next ting.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
calvinsmommy18
by Nicole on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Not sure but dd does it now. Idk when she started.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:13 AM

ds was about 9 months when he started clapping and waving.

emilyelephant
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Mine was around 8 months when she actually started clapping. She was doing what you described around 7 months, bringing her hands together but she didn't quite get it yet lol She's 10 months and still not waving, she's more interested in moving everywhere

Zazayam
by Nicki on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM

She's 9 months and has started waving really well a week or two ago, she was kind of flapping around for a month before that, lol.

Clapping... I think she started that around 6 months, maybe a little earlier. She stopped doing it though.

waytomanykids9
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:42 AM

My 11 month old started clapping around 9 months and waving about 10 months.

abra
by Abra on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. I never really kept track of when except with my first who I wrote it down somewhere, but I have 4 kids and she's 7 so I don't remember off the top of my head.
Stevensmomma
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I would say about 7 1/2 8 months ds was retry shy though so it wouldn't do it when you told him he would hide his face but as soon as that person turned away he would wave bye lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)