Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms who delayed the mmr shot till 3

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 3 year old daughter hasn't had the mmr shot and she's delayed in speech. she's going to preschool and she needs the shot but I'm nervous it's going to delay her more. Have any of you delayed it till your lo was 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM

We're delaying for my current two year old, but my other two got it on time.

clairewait
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

What about the shot will delay her more?

I'm not sure that the two are related. I know this is a huge debate, but it might help you to just deal with each thing separately right now, rather than jump to the conclusion that the shots are contributing to speech delay. She's only three. She has time to get caught up, and might turn out to be completely normal by the time she's in elementary school.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I don't vaccinate at all.

If you're nervous about it, see about a waiver/exemption. Is it a private preschool? Or does it receive any government funding?

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Our preschools took exemptions, as well as our public school.  

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
My kids got it on time and they were fine. I don't think it will delay her more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I would strong recommend talking to your doctor or a friend you know and trust about this as opposed to asking strangers on the internet. It's a pretty complicated and heated debate and you're likely to get some crazy and some inaccurate information thrown at you.

But in answer to your question, we delayed our kids' MMRs. We just signed an exemption at school until we got them done but they go to a small, private school so I'm not sure how much their flexibility played into it.

Best of luck to you!
wolfybaby
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

you can get an exemption for that shot only, if you want. exemption forms arent all-or-nothing. at least not the philosophical forms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)