Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Never ever ever thought I'd join this group!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
  • 24 Replies

I didn't even know it was here! My youngest is 12 years old, was 11 when I joined cafemom, so I never even looked, and it was never in my recommended groups! I still don't have a baby, but I am pregnant, I'm due 2/1/14, so I will have a baby! It will make for 5 kids for my husband and I. Our others are 12, 14, 15, and 17. My husband and I have been married almost 7 years. We have a very unconventional family, I am 25, and only my youngest is biologically mine, but they're all our kids nevertheless. A few weeks before finding out about this pregnancy we had decided that my husband would be getting a vasectomy. We've had two early miscarriages, and then a still birth four years ago, and I didn't want to try again. Needless to say, this pregnancy came as a total shock! It will be our first baby together, and so far, so good. I'm 14 weeks and baby looks perfect, but mom isn't doing so hot. I'm in the hospital for the second time. I hope it's ok that I joined before I actually have my baby :) I just saw the group and thought, hey, I can use that! It's been 12 years since I've done the whole baby thing, though I have a lot of practice with newborns, I'm an RN and work in labor and delivery, or did. I just switched to working in the ER part time, and going to one day a week in L&D, though I may have to postpone that transition, with my health problems and everything that is going on. 

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Congratulations!!

Mine were 11 and 14, eight and a half years ago when I had my youngest. BIG SURPRISE to me..lol

jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Congratulations!!

Mine were 11 and 14, eight and a half years ago when I had my youngest. BIG SURPRISE to me..lol

Thank you! I think I'm finally over the shock, but it'll be a big adjustment to add a newborn to our family!

RolandosMom92
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

awhhh congrats :) hope but nothing but good health to you & baby :)

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Oh it is definitely an adjustment, but it is going to be so much fun this time around. It is so much different when you have older children at home.

That baby is going to be smothered with love, affection and tons of overprotectiveness.

I am really excited for your family.  :)

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Congratulations!!

Thank you! I think I'm finally over the shock, but it'll be a big adjustment to add a newborn to our family!

jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My kids are very hesitant about being excited, or even acknowledging that I am pregnant, and I understand why. I remember how excited they all were with my last pregnancy, and how devastated they were when we didn't get to bring their sister home. I'm that when (if) this baby is baby is born and is healthy, they'll be excited and happy. I'm working on getting excited, but my kids aren't the only ones who are hesitant and afraid, unfortunately. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh it is definitely an adjustment, but it is going to be so much fun this time around. It is so much different when you have older children at home.

That baby is going to be smothered with love, affection and tons of overprotectiveness.

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Congratulations!!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:43 AM

((HUGS))

Here is wishing you a very happy and safe pregnancy and a beautiful healthy baby!

Quoting jojo_star:

My kids are very hesitant about being excited, or even acknowledging that I am pregnant, and I understand why. I remember how excited they all were with my last pregnancy, and how devastated they were when we didn't get to bring their sister home. I'm that when (if) this baby is baby is born and is healthy, they'll be excited and happy. I'm working on getting excited, but my kids aren't the only ones who are hesitant and afraid, unfortunately. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Congratulations!!

jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! So far, baby has looked perfect in every ultrasound, and I've had several. I have an awesome doctor, so I'm starting to hope, just a teeny tiny bit. I think that's probably why I joined this group. I'm starting to think maybe baby will be ok this time. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

((HUGS))

Here is wishing you a very happy and safe pregnancy and a beautiful healthy baby!

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Congratulations!!

LEY1307
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Congrats! I have 2 boys. The oldest turned 7 one month and 9 days after the baby was born. So now I have a 7 year old and a 10 week old!
jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting LEY1307:

Congrats! I have 2 boys. The oldest turned 7 one month and 9 days after the baby was born. So now I have a 7 year old and a 10 week old!

LEY1307
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting jojo_star:

Quoting LEY1307:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN