Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby names! What do you think about it?

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 19 Replies

So my Husband and I are expecting our second LO, and we've decided if its a Boy his name will be Malachi Alexander, and if its a Girl it will be Mavis (May-vis), but we can't decide on Kaylynn, or Madilyn for the middle name! What do you think sounds better?

ALSO, I have gotten a lot of BULL because of us picking Mavis for the Girl name, I think its beautiful, and it means Beautiful son and lovely little fairy. Do you like the name what do you think about it???

baby gift

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I honestly don't like either middle, they do not flow with Mavis.
While I think Mavis is cute it does remind me of Avis which I think is a rental car company
Pagan_Mommy1994
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Well if it helps, the last name is Murphy, my Husband liked the sound of Mavis Madilyn Murphy.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

While I think Mavis is cute it does remind me of Avis which I think is a rental car company

MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Way to much imo.

Mavis Alexandra Murphy sounds good.

I just personally don't like the first and middle names to be the same letter. It sounds mushy lol

Mavis Marie does sound nice with the triple M

Mavis Suzanne

Idk?

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Well if it helps, the last name is Murphy, my Husband liked the sound of Mavis Madilyn Murphy.

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Pagan_Mommy1994
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Alexandria is BEAUTIFUL! Especially since if its a Boy the middle name will be Alexander. I think it sounds weird too because her initials will be MMM lol

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Way to much imo.

I just personally don't like the first and middle names to be the same letter. It sounds mushy lol

Mavis Suzanne

Idk?

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Quoting MommeeTo4:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Well, TBH, I don't really like Mavis. I think as a middle name Mavis would be better.  I like Kaylynn Mavis, but I don't like it the other way around.  And I wouldn't do two "M" namesfor the first and middle.  JMO.

MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I was thinking lol

Yeah the initials Mmm wouldn't be good
People esp boys could tease her and say she's mmm good or call her Campbells like the soup cause ya know the soup is mmm good.

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Alexandria is BEAUTIFUL! Especially since if its a Boy the middle name will be Alexander. I think it sounds weird too because her initials will be MMM lol

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Way to much imo.

Mavis Suzanne

Idk?

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Quoting MommeeTo4:

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Ooo, really?  That's...not good.  Is there a reason you're stuck on a name starting with M?  If your last name starts with M, I would honestly try to find a first name that starts with a different letter.  It's overload.

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Quoting MommeeTo4:

CafeMom Tickers

Pagan_Mommy1994
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Not really but we just have our heart set on Mavis as a first name.

Quoting jackiewal10:

Ooo, really?  That's...not good.  Is there a reason you're stuck on a name starting with M?  If your last name starts with M, I would honestly try to find a first name that starts with a different letter.  It's overload.

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Quoting MommeeTo4:

HappyMama.x3
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I think Mavis Alexandria is a beautiful suggestion.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I love that! Its totally a cute name!

Quoting Pagan_Mommy1994:

Quoting MommeeTo4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)