Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

9 month old currently refusing to go back to bed

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

She woke for a bottle, acted tired, then when I went back to bed, she pulled herself up and is now squealing and banging on everything. We share a room, and I'm trying to ignore it but I'm beyond exhausted. Help?

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Get up with her...sucks.  But we have all had those nights.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Megan11587
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Time to get up and play, mommy.
luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:27 AM
My kids always woke for the day that early. Just gotta roll with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clairewait
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Sorry.

All due respect, the above posters are nuts. :)

I would absolutely not be getting up. At 9 months, kids should be sleeping through the night. Ignore it until it stops. Do not stir. No lights. No noise. No nothing.

Sorry you have to share a room... that's tough. Can you put her crib in the bathroom or closet?

Another thing that might help is a white noise machine. Mine have all slept through the night very early (even when breastfeeding), and these weird wake-ups are often due to a growth spurt or teething or something. Anyway, I completely ignore them and let my children self-sooth back to sleep and the getting up never lasts more than a couple nights.

Even when they cry, it is never longer than about 4 minutes.

Hang in there.

But don't get up unless you want to have a new habit of getting up every night. Harder to break as they get older..... 

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

brittybby2010
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

She eventually went to bed after I laid her down and gave her a pacifier. She babbled at me for a bit, whined a little, and knocked out. It was 4am where we are, and her wake up time isn't until 7:30am or so. I won't just get up and play with her. Her father isn't in the picture, so I got through the newborn stage alone. I won't get her into a routine of "I wake up whenever and mom will play."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)