Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Huggies smell like week old urine. Gag*

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:45 AM
  • 20 Replies
I bought Huggies snug & dry since they were on sale. We usually use pampers cruisers/baby dry. Anyway, I've noticed a strong ursine smell coming from babys diaper. I thoroughly clean him and change his diaper so I know it's not uncleanliness. It is so strong! Even if his diaper is barely wet. I've never noticed this with the pampers. Has anyone else had this with Huggies? It's disgusting. I literally woke up from my sleep because it was so strong.
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Store brand, or cloth. The others stink.
bubblemama2164
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I never had a problem with huggies stinking , how old is your lo? and has he been drinking less ? It may be concentrated pee. I know my 4 month old is drinking less due to his cold and his pee is concentrated

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

Beauty91805
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmm, I don't recall smelling that when we used huggies. Right now we are using luvs.
HeatherJ501
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM
He's 10 months old and still only drinks formula. 30oz a day. We used Pampers all day yesterday then opened the Huggies last night.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

I never had a problem with huggies stinking , how old is your lo? and has he been drinking less ? It may be concentrated pee. I know my 4 month old is drinking less due to his cold and his pee is concentrated

bubblemama2164
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

huh that is strange that is a good amount of  formula, so i dont know 

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

LAH2x
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I have only used Huggies for both girls and I have never smelled urine.

abra
by Abra on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:01 PM
same here. The only times I have noticed stinking with any brand of diaper (I've used most of them) is when the baby isn't drinking enough fluid and is getting dehydrated or has a UTI.

Quoting bubblemama2164:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think all disposable diapers stink. Pampers are heavily perfumed - so that masks the urine smell.

Is it really hot? Are you giving your baby any extra water?

HeatherJ501
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM
It's hot outside, but we stay in 24/7 because he has really bad eczema and because its hot. (I live in TX) nothing has changed, but the brand of diapers. I guess no one else has had this issue or my senses are just working overtime. Oh well!

Quoting Randi02:

I think all disposable diapers stink. Pampers are heavily perfumed - so that masks the urine smell.

Is it really hot? Are you giving your baby any extra water?

rjmac88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I smell that in all disposables.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN