Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

stop touching yourself!

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 25 Replies
DS is ten months old. For the past week every time he is getting his diaper changed he tries touching his privates.. I tell him "No," sharply and push his hand away. But he keeps doing it. Any advice?
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof38829
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I am no help. Ds is 16 months and still plays with his. I guess it a boy thing lol
jmaw89
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this
He's just exploring. It's ALWAYS covered and he's curious. I would not tell him no and let him grow out of it. When he's older you can talk about privacy but for now it's no different than him finding his nose/ ears/ toes ...
AllieGrey
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
It isn't just the fact that it makes me uncomfortable! Lol I don't want him to get his hand in poop.

Quoting jmaw89:

He's just exploring. It's ALWAYS covered and he's curious. I would not tell him no and let him grow out of it. When he's older you can talk about privacy but for now it's no different than him finding his nose/ ears/ toes ...

childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

I just ignore it when my son does it. He's 14 months and doesn't do it all that often. He is just exploring. 

ajdahd13
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM
If its when he's poopy I'd say "yucky! No touch"
jamamama00
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Why are you telling him no? Isn't he a little young for you to start giving him issues? If he is sticking his hands in poop change him on the floor and use your feet to gently hold his hands down. Boys need to scratch their junk. What does your husband say about this?
Mommabearbergh
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Well get ready to wipe poop off his fingers. You can tell him no all day. The curiosity will over power your no.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Leave him be.

jmaw89
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Ahh gotcha. I'm no help then I'm still racing to clean dd at 2 years old :)

Just try to be quick and keep wipes handy to wipe his hands fingers

Quoting AllieGrey:

It isn't just the fact that it makes me uncomfortable! Lol I don't want him to get his hand in poop.

Quoting jmaw89:

AllieGrey
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
It isn't something I want him doing. My fiance just laughs it off.

Quoting jamamama00:

Why are you telling him no? Isn't he a little young for you to start giving him issues? If he is sticking his hands in poop change him on the floor and use your feet to gently hold his hands down. Boys need to scratch their junk. What does your husband say about this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)