Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Dd acted so strange last night...

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 14 Replies
She'd wake up like usual so i went to give her a sippy of water, but she would scream and throw it. So I thought ok she prob wants her bottle, nope she did the same. So I tried giving her milk, she screamed again and swatted it away and was acting in pain. She was screaming kind of holding her ears. But she does that anyways-- plays w her ears. I see her pedi tomorrow. What do u think it could've been? She eventually took the bottle and settled down. But woke 3 times like this! Night terrors? Ears? Idk?
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubblemama2164
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM

i am thinking night terrors my ds who is now 5 was like that. I would even try to comfort him and he would try to push me away because he was in that state. good luck just mention it to the pedi tomorrow

Beth (10-2-82) Christian (3-20-08) Ethan(4-9-13)

God helps us provide for our needs. May God Bless You and Your Family Each and Everyday!!!

LongBeachLiz
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
How old bc teething is always a possibility.
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:12 AM
She'll be 1 on the 30th. She is actually, but the tooth popped already. Does it still hurt them if its out a little, but not all the way?

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Thank you I will!

Quoting bubblemama2164:

i am thinking night terrors my ds who is now 5 was like that. I would even try to comfort him and he would try to push me away because he was in that state. good luck just mention it to the pedi tomorrow

LongBeachLiz
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes bc it is still moving and the gums are still sore. Night time is more painful bc they are actually moving and a child isn't doing anything to counteract the pain. I would give her tylenol or motrin right before bed and if she wakes up and it is time for a second dose give it to her. Teething pain is temporary so giving medicine is too.

Quoting harajukumoma:

She'll be 1 on the 30th. She is actually, but the tooth popped already. Does it still hurt them if its out a little, but not all the way?

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

lauratupper
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM

could have been night terrors, when my ds has them he will get more upset if you touch him or try to give him something.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Ya I tried giving her her drink and she screamed worse it was weird. So I'm assuming it was either teething or a night terror

Quoting lauratupper:

could have been night terrors, when my ds has them he will get more upset if you touch him or try to give him something.

abra
by Abra on Aug. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM

She is pretty young for it to be night terrors. I mean, it's possible but extremely rare at that age. My guess is teething.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/night-terrors

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

angela.bouchard
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM

With night terrors they normally do not wake up at all. It could really be anything. I'd bring it up at her next appointment. 

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Well then how do ppl know their kids have them?

Quoting angela.bouchard:

With night terrors they normally do not wake up at all. It could really be anything. I'd bring it up at her next appointment. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN