Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I don't want to share

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
My dd is almost four months old. I used to let her bf for about five min then give her a bottle of bm. She would give her one or two bottles a day and that was fine, she was taking 7-8 bottles a day. Now we are on formula, and he still wants to feed her twice a day. But now she only eats four bottles a day. Some days I just don't want to share!
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Eh since I worked nights, I had her all day with me, so I didnt mind having some down time.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 3:26 AM
That's weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Haha was is that weird? I miss the binding time with her during bf, even if we didnt do it that long. She misses it to, she is a lot more clingy to me since we stopped. She will only let dad hold her if he has food.

Quoting polkaspots:

That's weird.

Desirae1394
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I don't think it's weird. 

Desirae1394
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Snuggle on, Momma :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Enjoy your feedings : )

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Your whole post is weird. Why would you only nurse for five minutes? Why is your almost four month old only getting four bottles a day if you're not nursing? If you both miss the breastfeeding why did you stop? It sounds like it was something you both enjoyed even with your odd five minute restriction.
I'm just not really sure about anything you said. I'm hoping the amount of bottles has decreased because she's learning how to use a cup. And I'm hoping her dad is only giving her a spoon or something when she goes to him and he has food because she's only three months old.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

Haha was is that weird? I miss the binding time with her during bf, even if we didnt do it that long. She misses it to, she is a lot more clingy to me since we stopped. She will only let dad hold her if he has food.

Quoting polkaspots:

That's weird.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM
aww
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM
She would only nurse for about five minutes before getting frustrated. She was use to getting ebm, we had no option with her being I the nicu. They had to know how much she was getting because of the reason she was in there. We stopped because I was having supply issues, and it was taking time away from her with me having to nurse, feed, then pump. She only gets four bottles because she sleeps from eight till about seven, and she eats about every four hours. She doesn't get food, only bottles. She will only let her dad hold her if he has a bottle, otherwise she cries.

Quoting polkaspots:

Your whole post is weird. Why would you only nurse for five minutes? Why is your almost four month old only getting four bottles a day if you're not nursing? If you both miss the breastfeeding why did you stop? It sounds like it was something you both enjoyed even with your odd five minute restriction.
I'm just not really sure about anything you said. I'm hoping the amount of bottles has decreased because she's learning how to use a cup. And I'm hoping her dad is only giving her a spoon or something when she goes to him and he has food because she's only three months old.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

Quoting polkaspots:

That's weird.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Okay. That all makes sense now. I just didn't get any of that from your op.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

She would only nurse for about five minutes before getting frustrated. She was use to getting ebm, we had no option with her being I the nicu. They had to know how much she was getting because of the reason she was in there. We stopped because I was having supply issues, and it was taking time away from her with me having to nurse, feed, then pump. She only gets four bottles because she sleeps from eight till about seven, and she eats about every four hours. She doesn't get food, only bottles. She will only let her dad hold her if he has a bottle, otherwise she cries.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting AbbeysMom2013:

Quoting polkaspots:

That's weird.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN