Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I miss being pregnant soooo much!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 60 Replies

It's nearly 5am here, DD is asleep in her crib a few feet away, and I can't help but remember how much I loved my pregnancy and how badly I miss it. I miss the kicks, the maternity clothes, not having any body image issues (I adored my huge belly), the ultrasounds, the doctors appointments, the labor, the vaginal birth, and even into my postpartum days I was so happy. Despite my daughters short NICU stay, I loved every part of the pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum. 

It drives me absolutely nuts. I adore my DD, I truly do. I just loved that moment in my life so much, and I try to do things and go places that remind me of it, such as going to the baby cafe (where they assist nursing moms for free, and I go even though I couldn't nurse) or even driving by the hospital I gave birth at. Sounds like an obsession, but I do get a sense of happiness when I see the hospital. 

Have any of you felt this? DD is nine months, and the feeling keeps getting stronger and stronger. It's even to the point that I'm unsure if I want to leave the city just because I have such a strong emotional attachment to it after having my daughter here. Which is bad because 90% of the men here that aren't complete creepers are in the army (huge military base about five minutes from my house) and they move around, and finding work in my particular field of work is nearly impossible here. 

Sorry for the mini rant. I needed to get this off of my chest badly. What can I do to make this feeling die down enough to let me feel comfortable enough to move? 

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulietAngel89
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I know exactly how you feel <3

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Yes I totally understand! I miss the appts and seeing her on the US and getting so excited about meeting her.. Yes even driving by the hospital makes me excited... I get it! Lol
waytomanykids10
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Nope, I can honestly say I do not miss being pregnant.

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I've never really enjoyed being pregnant.  I do like giving birth (since I had my homebirths and now know how birth is supposed to be) and having a newborn, but nope.  I dislike being pregnant.

AidanCamsMom
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I know just how you feel...

Stevensmomma
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM

My first pregnancy was great the second was terrible soil I had to do it again it would be like my first for sue 

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure I'll share this sentiment once I give birth but I'm almost 29 weeks along and I'm miserable quite often.
For right now, I can't wait to have my body back and be able to go more than 20 minutes without having to pee.
goodmama85
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Yes I miss being pregnant like crazy!! I can't wait to be pregnant again honestly lol.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I had severe HG during my whole pregnancy, so no, I do not miss being pregnant lol ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemusic24
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

omg.. I know whatcha mean. its been almost a year since I had my daughter and im ready to be pregnant again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN