Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cut gums?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Mobile Photo

Seb is 7 months old. He's had his 2 bottom teeth since 4 months. His top gums have been swollen for about a week now like he will be cutting them soon so I check them every day or two. Today I noticed he has a sort of bloody flap of skin on one part of his top gums in the front. I felt it, expecting to feel a tooth and found nothing! Still soft...dh says its probably his bottom tooth cutting his top gums but I'm a little worried. Is this OK? My daughter never got this.
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I'm honestly not sure : / But here is a bump!

lauratupper
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM

it could be the bottom teeth, or it could be the gums softening on the top for the new teeth. just be sure that it stays relatively clean and if it isn't bothering her I wouldn't worry.

lilmamabowers
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM
He could have bit down on something maybe?
Or as the other mama said it could be his bottom teeth.
I'd keep a watch on it!
Here's a bump!
angela.bouchard
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Quoting lauratupper:

it could be the bottom teeth, or it could be the gums softening on the top for the new teeth. just be sure that it stays relatively clean and if it isn't bothering her I wouldn't worry.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

“So, I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:59 PM
This

Quoting lilmamabowers:

I'd keep a watch on it!

Here's a bump!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:23 AM
He's biting on stuff all the time but never anything that could cut him. I first noticed red lines on his upper gums and figured they were the teeth coming in. It's just strange that when you push on them, there is nothing hard. I'm assuming it's his bottom teeth cutting him but I've never hear/seen this before. :(

Quoting lilmamabowers:

I'd keep a watch on it!

Here's a bump!
bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Mobile Photo

Here is a better picture, maybe
butterflyk1ssez
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM

sometimes gums will get bloody when the tooth is poking through (the tip). It's rare but it does happen.

bebe_ju-rah
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Yeah but when you feel his gums there is nothing hard there. Is that normal?

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

sometimes gums will get bloody when the tooth is poking through (the tip). It's rare but it does happen.

butterflyk1ssez
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Not too sure. If it's starting to come through or got raw from chewing on something hard for too long it could be a possibility. In - my - experience once the two bottom come through within the next three weeks to four the top two come through. It could be raw from gnawing maybe? 

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yeah but when you feel his gums there is nothing hard there. Is that normal?

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)