Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you choose to donate or sell baby old clothes?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 59 Replies

I have a bunch of boxes full of my sons old baby clothes, some of them he hasnt even worn, with tags still on them, I dont know anybody who has a baby boy that can wear them and the goodwill here is not accepting any more donations because of lack of space, should I hold on to them and wait for the goodwill to have more space or sell them? what would you do with them??

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SerenityBerry
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

If you have space to store them go ahead and wait to donate to goodwill. If you need the space but still want to donate you could donate to salvation army or the local womens/childrens shelter.

If you want to sell you can go to a resale shop that way you can get credit for them and use it to buy new things that will fit your little guy, a mom to mom sale is also an option. 

lauratupper
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I give ds's old clothes that he has out grown to my sister since she has two boys that are both younger than my ds is. Do you have any other second hand stores in your area you could donate them to? Maybe a local one?

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We hold on to them for the next babies.

preacherskid
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I gave them to a friend who knew someone who needed girls clothing.  Ended up giving away a years' worth of girls lothing.  I told my friend I would be happy to pass on our outgrown thing, I don't plan on having more kids anytime soon.  I prefer to donate when I can, clothes can get expensive when the child is young because they outgrow things so quickly, and my YDD is the smallest kid in church so there is no one to pass them to other than my friend's friend.

Sarah321
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

take anything with tags and anything in good condition to a consignment shop. join your local freecycle and give the rest away?

harream
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I still have all my baby clothes in boxes in our basement. I'm going to pick out a few favorite outfits and put them in a Rubbermaid container along with their favorite stuffed animal and blanket. But the rest of it I'll probably pass on at some point or garage sale them.

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now I am holding on to them because it's still up in the air if we are going to have another baby.  

Jenalex04
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this
I have 2 friends that are pregnant. One with a girl and the other a boy. So I've been giving my gender neutral stuff to the one with a girl and the boy stuff to the other.
Kellileanne
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I usually sell them super cheap, $1 per piece.

lilmamabowers
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I sell my little girls clothes to get new ones. I put .25 cents on everything other then her little outfits.. Then it's a dollar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)