Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cutting her fingernails,blood everywhere!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM
  • 38 Replies

Ok,maybe not that dramatic but it defiantly made me cry. Lol

DD wa eating so I decided to cut her nails. While trying to trim her thumb she jerked and I got her skin. Didn't even make her flinch,but I almost cut off the tip. Boy did it bleed. She didnt cry,and didn't even slow her down while eating. I feel so horrible :( But it seems to have upset me more. I think I will just file for a while. 

Wish I had a tiny band-aid.

by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

awwww! accidents happen, no worries.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 1:56 AM
2 moms liked this

no need for a bandaid, get a bit of flour and press the tip of her finger into it to act as a styptic powder next time

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Have you tried just filing them down
Terikins
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I use flour when DH accidentally nips the doggies nails,didn't even think about it for her. FTM here,so even the smallest of accidents make me feel so bad. Like I said,didn't even phase her. I'm assuming I'm not the first to do this,but I still felt bad. 

Terikins
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I will be doing that from now on till she's a bit older. I've been cutting then filing,but I think I'll just stick to filing for a bit. (:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I figured it was a easier route and you can do it when they are sleeping

Quoting Terikins:

I will be doing that from now on till she's a bit older. I've been cutting then filing,but I think I'll just stick to filing for a bit. (:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Ilaynasmommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this
That's why I bite them. Dd is 4. I just started cutting hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofpreemieboy
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I did nip the skin off the tip of my 6TH DS's thumb. I will never cut nails again. I went through 5 never hurting them. My 7th and youngest just gets filed and he is 3 years old.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

certainly not the first or last by any means.  Don't feel bad, it happens, no sense in beating yourself up over A) something she likely didn't feel and B) something she'll never remember.

Quoting Terikins:

I use flour when DH accidentally nips the doggies nails,didn't even think about it for her. FTM here,so even the smallest of accidents make me feel so bad. Like I said,didn't even phase her. I'm assuming I'm not the first to do this,but I still felt bad. 

Princess111201
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

i was told to just file my sons nails down until the nail is actually over the tip of his finger, because the skin underneath that holds the nail can cause bleeding pretty badly. i have yet to file his nails just because his nails seem to be doing a shedding type of thing or something. i dont even know how to describe it. lol. it definitely makes me nervous thinking of cutting his little nails though. which is probably why im just waiting it out. plus i was told not to cut his nails until hes at least 2 weeks old. he turns 2 weeks on tuesday! (where has the time gone... :( )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)