Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My daughter is cutting up herself

My daughter is 10 months old. She has started when i change her diaper she pulls at her vagina and pulls and scratches really hard. At first i didnt think anything of it because my son did the same.

But now she id doing it so hard she is cutting up herself. Her area is always red and reall bright red and  has scratches and cuts from her during bath and diaper changes. Is it normal for her to do this so bad? She is with me 100percent of the time since i am a stay at home mom and i see her doing it so i know its no one hurting her

by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Replies (11-14):
mama2gg
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

sounds like a UTI and it hurts

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Keep her nails trimmed good. She just found something new and wants to play with it. Boys do it too!

marihla
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Mine does this too. I give her an awesome toy while I change her and sometimes even pin her arms down. She still hates to be changed but I assume she'll grow out of it.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Aug. 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Keep her nails trimmed and thoroughly wash her hands with soap and water after every diaper change. Make sure she is 100% dry before putting on any meds or replacing the diaper. If its yeast it can spread easily and quickly and yeast loves warm moist environments.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN