Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Neighbor trouble

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 16 Replies
My neighbor that my dds friends with his son had a falling out with her yesterday. Well my dd always comes home crying from there because she refuses to teach her kid to share apparently and he hits her. Well I texted her last night saying we are done and I don't want her playing with him anymore. She claimed she's so good to my Dd and watches her for hours and my dd just always wants her way and is whiney and cries all the time-- Maybe if you actually taught your child to share and to not hit she wouldn't be that way. She's not like this when she's at the other neighbor girls house. And my SO this morning made me so upset when I tried telling him what happened. Every time something bothers me and I try talking to him he says I'm obsessed and I'm too upset about it! Well ya that's why I'm talking to you about it! And now he's saying I don't like anyone and I never answer the phone and it's just not true... I'm so sick of this. Just cuz I didnt answer the phone once when his sister called means I'm anti social and I hate everyone and don't answe t my phone! Uggh sorry I'm just very upset and hurt right now
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alphamom26
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Sounds like more than neighbor trouble... Your dh needs to listen to you and back you up in everything, it is the only successful way to parent in a two parent family. United, on the same page, whatever you want to call it. Being together in everything is the worst enemy of children, lol :)

I agree with you that if your neighbor's child can't behave, he shouldn't get to play with your dd. I don't let brats play with my kids, either. I don't want that sh*t rubbing off :)

mylilprincesses
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM
having trouble with my neighbors kids as well right now.. they are over here everyday.. so here lately they have been fighting a lot and the little boy has been bullying my 3yr old running over her with toys.. then they don't listen even they come over.. I have to repeat myself multiple times to tell him stop climbing on the back of my couch and jumping off. they are banned for like a week. lol my husband said that he thinks they are bullying our kids as well and he doesn't want them back over for awhile.
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Exactly! Thank you.

Quoting alphamom26:

Sounds like more than neighbor trouble... Your dh needs to listen to you and back you up in everything, it is the only successful way to parent in a two parent family. United, on the same page, whatever you want to call it. Being together in everything is the worst enemy of children, lol :)

I agree with you that if your neighbor's child can't behave, he shouldn't get to play with your dd. I don't let brats play with my kids, either. I don't want that sh*t rubbing off :)

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Oh geez that's ridiculous! Ya my neighbor says she watches her for hours! That's bs cuz first of all it's just kids playing, and I never just send my kid over there I always text first and make sure he can play and she's free. And she even told me once just send her over ... U dont have to ask just knock on the door... But I never felt comfortable doing that. And now of course she's saying she had to "watch" my dd for hours! Lol

Quoting mylilprincesses:

having trouble with my neighbors kids as well right now.. they are over here everyday.. so here lately they have been fighting a lot and the little boy has been bullying my 3yr old running over her with toys.. then they don't listen even they come over.. I have to repeat myself multiple times to tell him stop climbing on the back of my couch and jumping off. they are banned for like a week. lol my husband said that he thinks they are bullying our kids as well and he doesn't want them back over for awhile.

mylilprincesses
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

they just come over and knock on the door to ask if they can play. then expect that they can come in..i don't mind them playing nicely but we have hardwood floors and i don't want him to jump off the couch and hit the table or the floor and break something.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Oh geez that's ridiculous! Ya my neighbor says she watches her for hours! That's bs cuz first of all it's just kids playing, and I never just send my kid over there I always text first and make sure he can play and she's free. And she even told me once just send her over ... U dont have to ask just knock on the door... But I never felt comfortable doing that. And now of course she's saying she had to "watch" my dd for hours! Lol

abra
by Abra on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

For the neighbor, I'd just ignore it. Don't let your daughter go over there, and you don't owe them an explaination. 

For your SO, it sounds like you BOTH need to communicate more and BOTH need to extend kindness and grace to eachother. 

lauratupper
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Quoting abra:

For the neighbor, I'd just ignore it. Don't let your daughter go over there, and you don't owe them an explaination. 

For your SO, it sounds like you BOTH need to communicate more and BOTH need to extend kindness and grace to eachother. 

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Well all I was doing was trying to tell him what was going on, so I'm sorry but don't really see how from that you can gather we need to communicate better. I WAS communicating with him-- he just didnt wanna listen. Sorry, no hard feelings at all I just don't get where that assumption is made😀

Quoting abra:

expectantmom81
by Erin on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Aug. 27, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

((((hugs)))) I woudn't let my child go over there either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN