Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Anybody else have this problem with their babies??

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey ladies,

Lately my daughter has not been able to go to sleep at night pleasantly and quickly. I've always kept her on a routine, bathtime, bottle and sleep, around 8pm. She used to go to sleep drinking her bottle, now she will drink her whole bottle then fuss for an hour or 2 before finally getting so exhausted she just can't stay awake. Any advice? Thanks!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess111201
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM

i probably dont have any advice at this point...due to the fact that i have my first child and hes almost 3 weeks...and im still trying to figure out what routine works well with him. though, he is on a pretty set routine, so there usually isnt an issue to get him to fall asleep at bed time. not 100% sure how its so easy to get him to sleep....my parents have said that hes a very quiet, peaceful, and happy baby. the only problem i am running into currently is that he is figuring out he can push himself around the bassinet with his legs. obviously this makes me nervous as heck, even though there isnt anything in there that can hurt him. i have found myself waking up every couple of hours to check on him.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
There are things called wonder weeks. Its like mental development growth and its harder for them to fallasleep
lauratupper
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:56 PM

how old is she?

RJsMommy0828
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

My son does the same thing try walking her for a few minutes just to help get her closer to sleep or rocking her.

SandraB383
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM

My just about to be 4 month old is doing the saaaaaame thing lol >.<

IsleTillian
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:09 PM

i have the same problem with my DD she became like that when she turns 6mos before that everything goes well...'sighs'

H.Perales
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Same thing happened to me last night. Baby girl is 3 weeks and stayed up most of the night. Got at least a total of 30 minutes of sleep last night. She wants to lay on my chest. After shes asleep I lay her back in crib...she wakes up 2 min later. :/
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Have you tried putting music on or a mobile?
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:56 PM
She's 4 months so its completely normal. It's called a sleep regression. This will be one of several.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kryysteez
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM

A round of vaccines can make babies very uncomfortable and cause them to fuss all night.  If parents would delay vaccines until the child is 2 years old, they would have a LOT easier time with the baby.  You wouldnt have to worry about SIDS either.  When Japan did that their SIDS completely disappeared.  Many problems would not exist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)