Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Question for all the co-sleepers

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine and I were talking the other night and she was asking me what happens to peoples sex lives when they co-sleep. I personally couldn't answer it because I am NOT nor will I EVER be a co-sleeper.. So out of curiosity what exactly does happen to your sex life? How often do you get to have sex? And WHERE do you do it?  I for one only like to have sex in my bed and if my kids are sleeping in there I obviously wouldn't have sex at all and that would totally ruin my marriage lol.

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauratupper
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
We're fine having sex in other rooms of the house :)
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
There are other rooms. Usually its the living room on the couch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojo_star
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Bed isn't the only place you can have sex.....
RandiBear
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM

During nap time....in the shower...on the couch...date nights...

scoleman828
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
This. I swore I would never Co sleep either. My first 3 took to their bed without too much of a fight. However, if I tried sticking to my guns like that with Ds (1 month) I'd NEVER sleep. He will sleep on the couch or on our bed. Other than that, it's guaranteed he will wake up within an hour.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
We have an extra bedroom that we use mostly. There's also the shower, naptime or occassionally dd will start out the night in her own bed.
NoahandEliza
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I never co-slept with my older ones either. Then dd came along...It's just sooo much easier and we all get a full nights sleep this way.

Quoting scoleman828:

This. I swore I would never Co sleep either. My first 3 took to their bed without too much of a fight. However, if I tried sticking to my guns like that with Ds (1 month) I'd NEVER sleep. He will sleep on the couch or on our bed. Other than that, it's guaranteed he will wake up within an hour.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My sex life got better. LOL. There are MANY other fun places to have sex than in a bed. We also sidecarred a crib, so when our baby was really little and asleep, we'd just move her to the crib. 

Having sex only in a bed for your whole life seems boring to me!

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I hate having sex anywhere else. lol

Quoting jojo_star:

Bed isn't the only place you can have sex.....

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We were similar. I NEVER wanted to cosleep. It was totally not for me, I didn't like the idea. We got a beautiful, $500 crib for our first baby. 

And then she was born. It became a way of life. Between strong maternal instincts and the fact that we could easily get 10 hours of sleep a night, we went with it and loved it. 

For this baby, we're using the crib only as a sidecar to the bed, and I'm not even sure if he'll use that right away. More likely my toddler will regress and she'll sleep in there while baby sleeps in my arms. I wouldn't not cosleep now that I know the awesome benefits. 

Quoting scoleman828:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

expecting boybaby girlpuppy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN