Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

SO frustrated with DD UPDATE!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

Well, not really frustrated, but I'm ready for her to walk! 

She is 15 months old and will walk holding onto everything and will even take 2-3 steps to get to something else without holding on, but she refuses to walk alone. I've even been not carrying her, but holding her hand and making her walk around the house for the last 2 months and NOTHING! Well, today, I was in the bathroom doing my hair and DH was on the sofa watching her and she climbed on the chair, and onto the table to knock down the towels that I had just folded... BUT SHE WONT WALK!!!! UGH!!! lol

UPDATE: Today she walked 3 times!!! she walked all the way down our hallway! yay!!! It's about time!! lol Hopefully she will get it down good in the next week or 2!

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
You do know once she starts walking she'll be running, right? With both my kids they went from walking slowly looking cute to running around within a week or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

My ds was the same way.

Quoting polkaspots:

You do know once she starts walking she'll be running, right? With both my kids they went from walking slowly looking cute to running around within a week or so.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Yeah, thats completely fine with me, its just a pain in the ass carrying her to the car because I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have enough weight to carry around.. She's 30 lbs! lol

Quoting polkaspots:

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I completely understand that. Most of the time I can get away with only carrying the smaller kid, but sometimes I have to lug them both around. Mine weigh 36 and 24lbs and I'm due in December. It really does suck. I keep the smaller one in my wrap for the most part, or I use the stroller. They take turns in it. People make comments about me pushing my 3 1/2 yo in the stroller and carrying my 18 month old, instead of making them walk, but I don't care. Let them chase those two psychopaths around for ten minutes. See how they like it.

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

Yeah, thats completely fine with me, its just a pain in the ass carrying her to the car because I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have enough weight to carry around.. She's 30 lbs! lol

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this

enjoy it, they go from walking to running and then you have to deal with walls and other things walking out in front of them

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol if you think carrying a mere 30 pound child at only 20 weeks pregnant is difficult, I predict you will NOT like chasing after a running toddler!

She'll walk when she's ready. Trying to force it won't help. My third didn't walk until 15 months and he went straight to running (FAST) once he finally did it. He was also the hardest to get under control too while out and about, he was just so focused on going once he could.

Good luck!

Quoting SuthernBelleo0o:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM

BUMP!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Yay for walking

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm not sure why you'd be frustrated with that. She'll walk when she wants to. Every baby is different and there's really no need for you to push them just because YOU want her to walk. She will, in her own time. My daughter cruised around while holding things for about 6 months before she decided she was ready. She took her first independant steps when she was 18 months. That was her pace, I didn't feel the need to rush her or get frustrated. That's just her. She was more advanced in fine motor skills instead of worrying about the easy gross motor skills. It was actually better. 

Now she's a few months over 2 years old and I wish she didn't know how to walk again! She's everywhere and there's no stopping her and she's SO fast. I miss the crawling/cruising stage.

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Im not REALLY frustrated with her. I used that as a catchy title to get people to read it lol. 

She did start taking her first steps alone yesterday so I'm happy about that. I know she will walk when she is ready to.

Quoting Turtledoves:

I'm not sure why you'd be frustrated with that. She'll walk when she wants to. Every baby is different and there's really no need for you to push them just because YOU want her to walk. She will, in her own time. My daughter cruised around while holding things for about 6 months before she decided she was ready. She took her first independant steps when she was 18 months. That was her pace, I didn't feel the need to rush her or get frustrated. That's just her. She was more advanced in fine motor skills instead of worrying about the easy gross motor skills. It was actually better. 

Now she's a few months over 2 years old and I wish she didn't know how to walk again! She's everywhere and there's no stopping her and she's SO fast. I miss the crawling/cruising stage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)