Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training ideas

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

My dd will turn 3 in 7 days .I have tried everything and anything to get her to use the potty ,nothing will work ,she has went pee in the toilet 3 times and poop 1 time. I need help she is my first child ,She will do anything to not sit on the toilet .I need help .anything I can do .I did the sticker chart.I did the you pee in toilet you get candy ,I did the toy but nothing .I am at a loss.

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I had a heck of a time trying to train my now 3 year old. I finally told him if he went he could go to the amusement park and it worked. I'm not the best with potty training but here is a bump

Just stay consistent, make it a fun experience and try not to let your frustration show!

alandou
by April on Sep. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I'm not much help here because my dd pretty much did it on her own. I had tried before but I guess she just wasn't fully ready. One day she said she wanted her panties and she was trained in a week. Don't feel too bad. My niece will be 4 in December and still isn't trained.
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM

The sticker chart was what worked for my son and then he just did it on his own lol. Just stay consistent with whatever you do try! Hang in there!

abra
by Abra on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I potty train at age 3, too. My dd loved the potty training movie (Once Upon a Potty) and we just told her she could have anything she wanted if she was potty trained. She asked for a skateboard. Within a week she was trained and had her skateboard! lol! For my oldest DD, all it took was a chocolate for every successful treat.
MirWoo
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest really playing up how she can be a "Big Girl" by using the potty. Sounds like you may be having a power struggle and she's trying to win by telling you "no" because she thinks you are forcing her (idk, though, just a thought...) You could maybe try some good ol' reverse psychology and act like it's no big deal that she doesn't want to use the potty, but let her know that it is the only way to become a "big girl." Read books about the potty, explain that other older kids she may know use the potty. Play it up, but put the ball in her court. It will happen! You need to offer the potty often, but not push too hard or she may resist.  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)