Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

7 month old baby

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
From the time my baby turned 7 month old i am hving ifficulty in putting her to sleep.Before at night or nap time i use to sleep next to her and give her my breast milk and than she will sleep but now she keeps moving.She doesnt want to drink.She wants to crawl everytime. Even thou she is very tired and sleepy and cranky still she wants to crawl. So how to put her to sleep.She is crying a lot these days Till 6 months she was sleeping very well without any fuss but now its so difficult. Any advice!
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Once my dd hit 7 mos separation anxiety kicked in and hasn't let up since and she's just turned 1! Lol
kcash2
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Idk if you've tried this but it might help to put her in her crib and just let her cry it out. That might work. Worth a try. I know the crying is hard but she's safe in her crib. After doing this a few time the crying will happen less and less. Also at 7 months that's when I put my oldest in her crib because she wanted more room to sleep. She was moving around a lot more. I started with a play pen next to my bed and after she was okay with that moved her to her crib
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes because baby will feel abandoned and will eventually give up.  Sad.

Do not do CIO, it's cruel.  I hold my daughter in my arms to sleep, she only nurses to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night. 

Quoting kcash2:

Idk if you've tried this but it might help to put her in her crib and just let her cry it out. That might work. Worth a try. I know the crying is hard but she's safe in her crib. After doing this a few time the crying will happen less and less. Also at 7 months that's when I put my oldest in her crib because she wanted more room to sleep. She was moving around a lot more. I started with a play pen next to my bed and after she was okay with that moved her to her crib

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

kcash2
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Look lady I was trying to help. This site is so dumb. People ask for advice and people are rude about it. If you don't want advice don't ask for it. Its not cruel. There are thousands of studies on it. Its worked with both my kids and they are VERY loved and are VERY loving they don't know the difference. Your baby obviously doesn't want to sleep next to you if he's rolling around. He needs his sleep and he will sleep a lot better if he can move around. I slept with my first for 7 months until SHE was ready to go to her own crib. Its scary at first but she caught on real fast and she got a great nights sleep

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Do not do CIO, it's cruel.  I hold my daughter in my arms to sleep, she only nurses to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night. 

Quoting kcash2:

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:53 PM

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201112/dangers-crying-it-out    

Actually, studies show it damages baby.  Not being rude to you, sharing facts. :) 

Oh and *I* didn't ask for advice..... 

Quoting kcash2:

Look lady I was trying to help. This site is so dumb. People ask for advice and people are rude about it. If you don't want advice don't ask for it. Its not cruel. There are thousands of studies on it. Its worked with both my kids and they are VERY loved and are VERY loving they don't know the difference. Your baby obviously doesn't want to sleep next to you if he's rolling around. He needs his sleep and he will sleep a lot better if he can move around. I slept with my first for 7 months until SHE was ready to go to her own crib. Its scary at first but she caught on real fast and she got a great nights sleep

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

kcash2
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
The last 2 words in your post..."any advice!" That would be asking. This is an advice website. All you have to do is take it or leave it. We all do things differently.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201112/dangers-crying-it-out    

Actually, studies show it damages baby.  Not being rude to you, sharing facts. :) 

Quoting kcash2:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Will she fall asleep if you hold her and nurse her on your lap?

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I am not the original poster.....I quoted you to point out your horrible CIO advice. I've never had issues with any of my five children sleeping and never used CIO either. .

Quoting kcash2:

The last 2 words in your post..."any advice!" That would be asking. This is an advice website. All you have to do is take it or leave it. We all do things differently.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcash2
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Sorry I didn't look at the name.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I am not the original poster.....I quoted you to point out your horrible CIO advice. I've never had issues with any of my five children sleeping and never used CIO either. .

Quoting kcash2:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

Siare
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Jade isn't the OP.

Quoting kcash2:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Quoting kcash2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)