Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weaning going to whole milk... Having trouble!!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

This is the second day that we have tried whole milk. I am only trying it for her breakfast & morning nap. For breakfast I give her cold whole milk- she takes a couple of sips but then she's done. Not very fond of it. Then I tried giving her warm half breast milk half whole milk for her nap- she wants nothing to do with this! I thought because it is warm and she can taste a little breast milk that she would like it a little more. Any tips? It's only day2 so I know I need to give it a little more time.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
How old is she?
survivor79
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM

She turned one a few weeks ago

PEEK05
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Would you be opposed to just continuing breast milk? Cow's milk is not necessary so if you want to wean from breast milk, I would not worry about the transition at all and just make sure she is eating healthy and drinking plenty of water.

JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I'd just keep breastfeeding, but that's me.

However, you don't need her to take cow's milk, it's not needed at all.  If you're weaning though make sure you're not going cold turkey because you can cause yourself harm that way. 

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
My dd didn't start drinking cows milk until about 15 months. I just kept nursing her to make sure she was getting the nutrition she needed.
AMRios
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM

She will drink it when she is thirsty enough... Try different kind of cups... My daughter will only take one type of sippy cup... Just so happens it was to most expensive one... I bought every sippy cup they make while we were switching to milk until we finally hit the jackpot! Good luck!

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM
We never did cows milk, dd just kept on nursing. It's not even needed, a healthy diet and water is perfect, even better if you keep giving breastmilk. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I personally woudn't bother with the cows milk at all unless you want to wean from breastfeeding. You make milk that is better for her than another animals breastmilk. As long as she's nursing she dosn't need cows milk.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Why are you weaning?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:08 AM
I've never breast fed, so here's a bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)