Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maternity clothes-Did you wear them?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 294 Replies

One of my friend's insists she didn't wear any maternity clothes her whole pregnancy. I'm just curious how many others skip out on maternity clothes : )

If you did wear them, do you remember how far along you were when you started wearing them?

by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I sure did. My belly was too big to not wear them.
Elle.tea.22
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:30 PM
5 moms liked this
I didn't ether. They're all made for old women lol nothing looked right on me! I'm 25, those clothes look like they belong on 45+ women
falconchick9
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Im soon to be 34 weeks. The only time i wear maternity clothes is when i jujst grabbed somewthing to put on

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I did because they are so comfortable. With my first I was about 18 weeks but I used them earlier each pregnancy. This is my fourth and I was in maternity jeans at 6 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM
8 moms liked this
I had cute young looking maternity clothes and I have had my kids at 17, 19, 21, and my next will be born just after I turn 24.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I didn't ether. They're all made for old women lol nothing looked right on me! I'm 25, those clothes look like they belong on 45+ women

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadeTigr7
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yes.It varied when I started wearing them for each pregnancy.  It was earlier the more pregnancies I had.  My oldest I was 7 months, and my youngest I was 1 month.

slgilliam
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I only bought two pair of jeans during the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy. I didn't need them until then. Some shirts that I bought, I just bought a size up. I didn't get my baby belly until I was 9 months. I have heard of a lot of people skipping them and just buying bigger sizes.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I did. I don't remember how far a long I was. I pulled them out already with #2. I'm only 9 weeks, but don't really "need" them yet. They're just comfy.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I wore some with my last 3 (my first I never got big or showed so I never wore any). I had a mix of actual maternity items and regular clothes that worked with a big belly. Nothing before about 20 weeks though, I always think it looks so silly when my friends are like 12 weeks and insisting they're showing and wearing maternity clothes, so I couldn't do it! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I was nine months when I bought some Capri pants for my baby shower. They are the only maternity thing I own. The rest I just got a size up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)