Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Babys first haircut

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
SO and I are trying to come to an agreement on DS first haircut. I want hair all over his head to be cut, it needs shape, and it's pretty lengthy IMO. It's curly/frizzy in the back and straight as a board on top. I'm thinking the hairstyle where it's short on the sides and back and a little longer on top. SO thinks we should only cut it out of his eyes and leave it alone. I've already done that once and blah.

So my question to you is: did you just get a snip snip here and there or go all out and have it cut all the way around?
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I let it grow pretty long and then I shaved it, around 2 years old (he didn't get any hair until 15 months and then it grew like a weed)...he's now 4 and we shave it every other week. With DS2 he's got some hair but not enough to cut so we are leaving it for now...he's 17 months

NowImAMom...
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:25 PM

My mom keeps telling me I hould trim the hair out of my son's eyes. I won't do it! I don't want to cut it yet AT ALL! He's 16 months and has awesome curls :)

HeatherJ501
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Mobile Photo

This is what we're working with by the end of the day. Lol if his head touches anything it's standing straight up!
KristaElizabeth
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:23 PM
My sons hair is long thick & curly. I have to condition on the regular & put product in it to take it. Barbers on the street ask if in going to cut it. DH my MIL & my own parents won't let me get it cut ... Ugh
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I did a little snip snip the first time

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I'll probably do an all over cut once DS's hair gets a bit longer. He has a cowlick at the front of his head that keeps the hair off his forehead, but some of the hair is getting fairly long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherJ501
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Mobile Photo

I went all out! Cried a little. But overall I'm happy about it even though it makes him look much older. He did so well!
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my gosh he is adorable!

Quoting HeatherJ501:

Mobile Photo

I went all out! Cried a little. But overall I'm happy about it even though it makes him look much older. He did so well!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:25 AM

my hubby got out the clippers and shortend the sides and back. then cut the bangs. but the top didnt need to be messed with so we left it alone. however my 4 yr old got the soldier buz cut to look like daddy. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)