Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seats and winter jackets

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 59 Replies

We were told that we should not put a winter jacket on our 10 month old as it was not safe in a car seat. Just wondering what other people do as it gets pretty cold her in the winter!

Thanks in advance!

by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twicethemomjess
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Start the car before u get in. Take a blanket in tge car with you and tuck him/her in OVER the straps
Danielle17T
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is 9months I heard the same I was just gonna make sure I warm the car up and maybe wrap in a blanket to &from the car
JerrysMom2011
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

What she said

Quoting twicethemomjess:

Start the car before u get in. Take a blanket in tge car with you and tuck him/her in OVER the straps

MissMia22
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Snuggies and car seat ponchos. Also polar fleece is perfect we are from mn/nd and this is what we use in winter :)
Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Start car before you leave to get heat going. Put baby in carseat without coat. Either put coat on child reversed after you buckle them in or put a blanket over them.
huneebadger
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM

It sucks as my dd was given 3 really nice jackets as gifts and I don't see her wearing them at all.

Quoting twicethemomjess:

huneebadger
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM

May have to do some shopping for a polar fleece jacket!

Quoting MissMia22:

Snuggies and car seat ponchos. Also polar fleece is perfect we are from mn/nd and this is what we use in winter :)

MissMia22
by Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Columbia, lands end, north face.

Something single layered it will be.thin but it is super warm :)
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
You can still use them. I always have a winter coat in the car for when I take them out of the seat in the winter. I have them in a fleece jacket with a blanket over the buckles for when we are driving. Then I just slip the coat on them when we get out.

Quoting huneebadger:

May have to do some shopping for a polar fleece jacket!

Quoting MissMia22:

Ninjabubble
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
We used a fleece jacket and a blanket. Start the car about 10 minutes before you leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)