Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Everyone add something

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 16 Replies
Okay, in this post everyone reply the best advice you were given, would you pass it on to someone else, what's your own advice you'd give and expecting mother/mother with a young infant?

Okay for me it was sleep when the baby sleeps. That was amazing advice I wish I had and should do more. I did listen to it but not as much now because I don't have the time

Yes I would defiantly pass this advice on to someone else if they can

New advice I'd pass on to someone else would be when you have a sick child don't be afraid to second guess doctors or get another opinion if you don't like or trust what was told to you, follow your gut.
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Old advice, sleep when baby sleeps. New advice, you do NOT have to pay top dollar to get the best brand. Sometimes the cheaper stuff is better.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM

The best advice I got was to not listen to doctors when it comes to breastfeeding because they know very little about it.  That was from the very first pediatrician I'd gone to.  He was awesome.

I'd pass along that info too. 

HeatherJ501
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
My advice was for appropriate wake times for baby by age. Ever since I got that bit of info, my baby sleeps like a champ for every nap and bedtime. No fussing, no fighting. 12 hours of sleep a night. I tell everyone but they don't listen!!! They think keeping a baby awake longer will help them sleep better at night. Not in my experience.
AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM
My daughter is trying to figure out her sleep times. She only sleeps for 45 minutes for a nap. But she goes to bed between 7/8 and sleeps till about four when I have to re swaddle, then gets up about seven to eat. She gets cranky during the day, but will not sleep longer. I think I just have a short nap girl.

Quoting HeatherJ501:

My advice was for appropriate wake times for baby by age. Ever since I got that bit of info, my baby sleeps like a champ for every nap and bedtime. No fussing, no fighting. 12 hours of sleep a night. I tell everyone but they don't listen!!! They think keeping a baby awake longer will help them sleep better at night. Not in my experience.

sissy502
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Couple things....

Don't wake a sleeping baby. (for feeds, cuddles or company)

You get what you pay for when it comes to diapers. 

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Trust your mommy instinct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Oh man, I can think of a lot of BAD advice I was given. Lol I won't list those though. My advice would be not to worry so much about what you think your child should be doing. A lot of mom's will freak out if their baby isn't sleeping through the night by a certain age, or if they start waking up earlier. So, I would say just go with the flow of things instead of driving yourself crazy by not meeting unrealistic standards. :) may not be the best advice though!

alandou
by April on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM

It's hard to say what the best advice I recieved was because all of it was from my mother and grandmother which was total crap. I've learned most of what I know from CM and I've made some great friends here.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I really never got any good advice from people I knew in real life... all they wanted to preach about was " don't hold baby too much, get baby on a schedule, make baby CIO" blah blah nonsense. It wasn't until I joined this site when I realized the best advice you can give someone is to research EVERYTHING. Doctors do not know everything, your 90 yr old grandmother doesn't know everything, research research research!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charley31
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Best advice that i learned from my boss...:be my sons advocate. Question drs and get more than one opinion. My ds spent a lot of time in the hospital and I was probably labeled the mom from hell. I stood my ground and was armed with info at all times.
Yes I would pass that info on
My advice is that...and also sleep when baby does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)