Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 y/o complains of private part hurting??

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM
  • 18 Replies
Last night she was in her room and she screamed in pain. So I asked her and she said it felt like it was burning down there. I'm freaked out-- why would she say that? Yeast infection? She said this once in the past before too. We have been having faking issues lately, where she says she's sick for attention, so I don't know? I'm freaked out though, anyone else experience this with there daughters?
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
It could be a yeast infection. I would get her checked out and be very consistent on punishing for faking being ill.
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Look to see if it is red or inflamed. My 3yr old has told me that before and when i looked it was super red. But i found out it was because she was not wiping properly.
jakesmom323
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
UTI?
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Ya but the problem with that is I cannot prove that she's faking it! So I don't wanna like "damage" her by not believing her if she really is sick.. Kwim? It's hard cuz I really don't know I just have a feeling...

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

It could be a yeast infection. I would get her checked out and be very consistent on punishing for faking being ill.

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I actually did look.. It looked pretty normal maybe I didnt look good enough though. It wasn't red on the outside maybe I should look more thorough

Quoting armyvet06:

Look to see if it is red or inflamed. My 3yr old has told me that before and when i looked it was super red. But i found out it was because she was not wiping properly.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Just set up an appointment to get her seen, and tell her if she's lying then ______ will be the punishment. If it turns out there's nothing wrong then follow through with the punishment you told her about. That way if she's not lying then she gets treated for it immediately and you aren't punishing her when it isn't needed.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Ya but the problem with that is I cannot prove that she's faking it! So I don't wanna like "damage" her by not believing her if she really is sick.. Kwim? It's hard cuz I really don't know I just have a feeling...

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
It could be yeast, uti, or faking it. Either way I would take her to the doctor to be sure. If there is something wrong it needs to be treated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Quoting polkaspots:

It could be yeast, uti, or faking it. Either way I would take her to the doctor to be sure. If there is something wrong it needs to be treated.

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
It was not red on the outside of my daughters private areas either. But it was extremely red on the inside due to her not wiping right. (We are potty training right now so she is still learning to wipe from front to back.)

Quoting harajukumoma:

I actually did look.. It looked pretty normal maybe I didnt look good enough though. It wasn't red on the outside maybe I should look more thorough

Quoting armyvet06:

fivegirls333
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM

probably a uti.  i would make cranberry juice a part of her regular diet if she has had prior issues.  i would also make time for many mommy and me talks...just be careful.  blessings...that hurts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN