Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

back to sleep WARNING

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 16 Replies
Just want to throw a warning out there. Do nottt place babies on thier belly to sleep even during naps. Today my son was almost a victim of sids....or well accidentaccidental suffocation. My mom had him in his belly as she usually does for a nap. He started breathing wierd he was lethargic and would stop breathing for periods and was clay colored. He is okay now tgank god she noticed in time.....he was breathing in his own carbon dioxide and was not getting enough fresh oxygen even though nothing was covering his face. So please please always place them on thier backs. If my mom hadn't have been right there while he was napping my son may not be here. That was the scariest thing I have ever went through and as a mother i want no one else to have to experience that feeling.
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calvinsmommy18
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Drove me nuts. My dd slept on her stomach once she could roll onto it. I'd check on her like 10 times a night. She was about 4 or 5 months then. I'd roll her back over to her back and before I'd even lay down shed be back on her tummy. Luckily she was always fine but it really scared me. I literly could not get her to stay on her back or side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nmf1028
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:15 AM
They say if they can do it themselves they are usually fine. I mean I'm just a worry wart with my kids which is a good thing I think. But he can't roll over himself yety mom has just always done it that way I neverr put him on his belly to sleep. I must have double posted this by mistake
mommyhonu
by Mary on Sep. 8, 2013 at 2:48 AM

glad to hear that your baby is ok.

SandraB383
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad your baby is okay and your mother realized something wasn't right, that would have been awful..

..But SIDS and suffocation aren't the same thing, the cause of SIDS is 100% unknown. 

jltplk25
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Boys are at a higher risk of SIDS than girls, although that doesn't make girls immune. Glad you're little one is okay!

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I was always worried about that. I could never sleep when baby was in the crib though, I was always afraid something would happen and I wouldn't notice. 

nmf1028
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I know I'm superrr worried now even more than before. :/ I don't know what I would do if I lost him. I'm being super careful now and I'm sure she will be too.
nmf1028
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Oh and yes sids is different but they have sone known causes for it. One cause is the babies brain just doesn't work right waking the baby and the brain doesn't keep the baby breathing. But luckily that's not my little guy
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Glad your baby is ok. Im opposite i worry about my child laying on their backs. It scares the hell out of me!!. Keep a fan on in room to circulate the air.
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I'm glad your baby is okay. How scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN