Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling heart broken and dont know what to do

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM
  • 8 Replies
Well my son has thrush. And he stared on medicine since hes been on it he has eatin less and cries alot more. He did have his 4 mo shots when he for proscribed the medicine. He goes from warm to cold. It breaks my heart hearing him cry so much now. When he does eat its little by little takes way longer to feed him. I go to the doctor today for myself because I got hurt so im going to ask her becuse my son and I have the same doctor. Im just so scared its something much more like acid reflex like how my neice has it shes 3 years old and has a tube in her tummy cuz she wouldnt eat because it hurt her so much. Please help has anyone else have this and what did you do?
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Thrush can make eating painful for baby. What meds did the doc give you for him? Are you breastfeeding? If so, are you treating yourself for thrush too (it's very contagious). I really wouldn't worry mama, nothing you wrote sounds like something serious. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLette428
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Nystatin and no i dont i tryed too but didnt produce enough milk
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM

How is your son feeling today?

noonelikeme564
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM

My baby had thrush off and on for 5 months. It wasn't unitl we started using a microwaveable sterilizer that it was gone for good. We used to just boil them on the stove. He was very cranky but he continued to eat normally. We used nystatin but it always came back. Has not returned since microwaveable sterilizer and he will be 1 on the 28th.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:18 PM
My son had thrush and it made it painful for him to eat from all the sores. I was told to do a mixture of Benadryl and maalox to help numb the sores in the mouth. We put it on using a q-tip. Ask your doc today about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLette428
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Hes all back to him self it was the shots too thats y so cranky too
TexanMomOf6
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Look up how to mix "Magic Mouthwash". Worked well when one of my LOs had Thrush.
alandou
by April on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Awww, mama, I know that has to be difficult. I don't have experience with this but I know it's so hard to see our babies uncomfortable. Your love will help him feel better and more comfortable through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)