Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help 1 y/o taking bad naps now and not sleeping at night either!!

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 13 Replies
Well for about a month she's been waking up several times so I give her water in her bottle and she goes back. Well now it seems she's not even going back to sleep! And her once nice 2 2 hour naps a day are like 1/2 hr naps. At her 1 yr pedi visit she said her molars are coming in... So.. I don't know what to do!! I'm sooo tired!!!
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM
What's a bad nap?? The 1/2 hr nap? Only thing I can suggest is giving some Tylenol before nap so she can sleep, it is possible her molars are hurting her which is why you would have a shortened nap.
JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM

If she's not sleeping at night I'd stop pushing the naps during the day.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM
At one I would give milk or formula when she wakes at night instead of water. She also doesn't need four hours of nap time a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM
My dd does! She's a wreck w out it. all kids imo need what they need!especially when she doesnt sleep at night- I guess she'll have to adjust

Quoting polkaspots:

At one I would give milk or formula when she wakes at night instead of water. She also doesn't need four hours of nap time a day.

tekcrkark
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I am going through the same thing!!!! Hang in there momma!
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Since she's not sleeping well at all I would suggest treat for teething and only try to put her to sleep when she's tired. Tylenol before bed, cold/hard things to chew on...
I wasn't going by some rule that dictates naps, I was saying since she's not sleeping the hours she used to she doesn't need that much sleep anymore. What you should do depends on your priorities. If you'd rather her sleep longer at night you should shorten her naps during the day. I did that by postponing the morning nap and then waking him up early from his afternoon nap. Eventually he cut out the morning nap unless he was up late the night before.

Quoting harajukumoma:

My dd does! She's a wreck w out it. all kids imo need what they need!especially when she doesnt sleep at night- I guess she'll have to adjust

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Molars could be the sole culprit. I'd also take a day and try to cut a nap out to see if that helps.

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Teething could definitely be messing with her sleep, and molars are even worse than the other ones. We give our girl Motrin at night, and if she's really uncomfortable, Tylenol during the day. Hyland's Teething Tablets also help a lot.

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Yes, but if she's not sleeping at night she's sleeping too much during the day.  I would drop it down to 2 hours and then bring the bedtime maybe a half an hour to an hour earlier.  There will be an adjustment period, but I bet if you tried it your daughter might start sleeping better, and be happier.

Quoting harajukumoma:

Quoting polkaspots:

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

harajukumoma
by Silver Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Ya those teething tabs do nothing for her! So just ibuprofen is really the only thing that works !

Quoting jhslove:

Teething could definitely be messing with her sleep, and molars are even worse than the other ones. We give our girl Motrin at night, and if she's really uncomfortable, Tylenol during the day. Hyland's Teething Tablets also help a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)