Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My 13 Month Old Sniffs Me

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
I noticed that lately my daughter sniffs me. It seems like it's when she's tired. I know that babies can smell breast milk, but she was formula fed due to my not being able to breastfeed.

It's such a cute and endearing thing, but I'm perplexed as to why she does it. Do any of you have babies that do the same?
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I never noticed my son sniffing me. Bump
ilovemykids732
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, my son did when he pooped he would 'check' me to see if I pooped too... o_O

Sebbiemama
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Maybe you smell good to her? We all have our own scents. My mother smelled like roses, cinnamon and Revlon lipstick. Scent and emotions are somewhat linked. So it kind of makes sense that when she a little needy or tired she sniffs you. Kinda sweet.  

merryvoice
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That is both strange and adorable!!

Quoting ilovemykids732:

lol, my son did when he pooped he would 'check' me to see if I pooped too... o_O

merryvoice
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Oh it's VERY sweet and I love that she does it. Even though my Grandma died over 20 years ago, I sometimes still catch a whiff of her, so I know how significant scent is. Every time I visited her, I would give her a huge hug and sniff her neck. She always smelled so good.

My Mother never said I did anything like that (my Daughter has quite a few mannerisms as me.) I mostly just wanted to know if other mothers' babies were like that.

Quoting Sebbiemama:

Maybe you smell good to her? We all have our own scents. My mother smelled like roses, cinnamon and Revlon lipstick. Scent and emotions are somewhat linked. So it kind of makes sense that when she a little needy or tired she sniffs you. Kinda sweet.  

rachellaree20
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

My dd does but she's almost 4 months and breastfed.  Also I'm taking fenugreek for my supply so I smell like syrup (ick!) but I think she likes the sweet smell and always wants to nuzzle into my armpit.

merryvoice
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Awww, very sweet and cute!

Quoting rachellaree20:

My dd does but she's almost 4 months and breastfed.  Also I'm taking fenugreek for my supply so I smell like syrup (ick!) but I think she likes the sweet smell and always wants to nuzzle into my armpit.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Sep. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM
My youngest does it sometimes too lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Sep. 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Sometimes ds does it
alandou
by April on Sep. 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Too cute! I haven't noticed my dd ever doing it before. She's 4 old now so the smells that she sniffs, aren't pleasant and she makes everyone aware of it! LoL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN