Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How to wean baby off being held all the time...??

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi!

My 9 week old daughter has acid reflux so she needs to be upright for about a half hour after eating. Needless to say she got used to being held and now during hours when she should be up and playing on her own on her back or in her swing, she cries and cries until she's picked up.

Anyone have good advice on how to wean her off being held all the time?

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Replies (21-22):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Baby isn't supposed to"play" on her own, she needs to be held. That's perfectly normal.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
That's such a strange question. What is your nine week old baby supposed to be doing by herself? Infants require constant supervision which is why they want to be held. They've always been wired to need human contact because that's how they stay safe. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of babies that enjoy being by themselves, but they're the weird ones.
I would suggest getting a baby carrier so that you don't feel bogged down by the constant attention that babies need. That's what saved me during my second kid's first few months of life. A good wrap will keep her upright and comfy cozy while you go about your day. Babies also tend to sleep better by themselves when they're held and carried a lot throughout the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN