Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Sleep advice please

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello everyone! I'm a first time mom & have a constant feeling that I'm doing nothing right :( My biggest concern right now is that my 7 1/2 month old daughter cries every single time she's put down to go to bed! She will have a bottle, fall asleep, and as soon as I lay her downshe cries! It's very emotionally exhausting on me! She naps 2x a day & does the same thing.... Is this normal & something she will outgrow? Or any advice on what to do? 

Thank you!, 

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm guessing it is either gas or separation anxiety. You are doing nothing wrong. Try gas drops or gripe water and see if it helps at all. Laying on your back with gas makes them hurt. If it is separation anxiety, I would try giving her a shirt you have been wearing so she has your scent. My son had tummy issues when he was littler and would only sleep soundly on his tummy. I know this is against what some might suggest, but he goes down on his belly to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Samantha431
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 4:00 AM
1 mom liked this
They go through phases like this and I know its frustrating. My 21m old son still does this every several weeks! They just love their mommy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

((Hugs)) that is normal, nothing you are doing wrong!

irishmama1007
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say that she is going through separation anxiety which is normal for this age. Eventually she will outgrow it. Try sitting on a blanket while rocking her to sleep and then lay it in the crib and then lay your daughter on that. It will be warm and smell like you. I also will put a hand on my daughter's chest for a few seconds if she starts stirring in her sleep.
Skybug13
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Thank you everybody! I put her down with one of my shirt tonight, it worked great!! Thanks for all of the support! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)