Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Refusing to nap

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 5 Replies
My now one month old used to be a great napper. She would have a bottle then off to sleep she went for about 3 hours. Now she won't sleep but maybe 20 min and it's driving me crazy. She is barely taking 3 oz every 2.5 to 3 hours. Even at night she would go to sleep at 1030 give or take and not wake up till about 3-4 am for a bottle. Now it's close to midnight and when she gets up she might take an oz. thoughts? I also have a 3 year old.
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lauratupper
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 3:45 PM

bump!

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Baby's schedule will change a lot over the next year.  Never get comfortable with what your baby is doing.

Momof2-87
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Yea just gotta remind myself since it's been 3 years and he never slept it seemed like until he was 4 months old.
BeFit-Mom
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Try sleep training with music.

Play music with out words, that is at 60 beats per minute, which matches resting heart rate. Within a few minutes, your baby's blood pressure, respiration rate, and heart rate will lower, which creates the physical state needed for sleep to occur.

Play the music at every nap and bed time. Soon your baby will associate drowsiness and falling asleep with the music. Over time, a biofeedback loop will become established, so that your baby falls to sleep more and more quickly as the stimulus/response pattern deepens.

Because this method is physiology based, it works with a temperaments. Simple, yet amazingly effective. Google my screen name for more.

BeFit-Mom

nicole2884
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Teething
Growth spurt
Dr
Could beone of these
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN